Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even if it is primal, wouldn't this be bad? page 2

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Credodisi View Post
    My perspective on Primal continues to evolve. Eating less seems to be more important to me now from an overall feeling of well being. A year ago .. this didn't seem that relevant to me, even though I needed to lose weight, even though it was definitively something that Mark embraces. I think there are a lot of aspects to Primal that you may not appreciate in the early phases, but as you continue down the journey, can add to your overall health, well being and .. well.. hotness.

I considered myself primal then. I consider myself primal now.
    I completely agree with this! I started to get healthy and lose weight by way of my diet. As my journey continues I have been inspired to make so many other changes. My eating habits have also evolved a great deal too. The point is that its his journey and if his real goal is to lose weight and he doesn't then be will change. If he says "oh this doesn't work, I'm quitting" then maybe intervene with some constructive criticism on caloric intake. Until then I would just let him work it out on his own.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    There are days when even short little old lady me could happily eat a 27 oz steak. I think everybody should do it at least once.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    OK, well, I am dropping out to go read more on primal... apparently I need to do that.

I'll just say this, as someone who had heart bypass at age 45, it is REALLY HARD to get past the "fat is good" thing. And I didn't have any old bypass.... they did SIX arteries...

Thanks for the input.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Papa View Post
    OK, well, I am dropping out to go read more on primal... apparently I need to do that.

I'll just say this, as someone who had heart bypass at age 45, it is REALLY HARD to get past the "fat is good" thing. And I didn't have any old bypass.... they did SIX arteries...

Thanks for the input.
    Trust me... it was really really hard for me to get past the fat thing too! But it really does make sense. Glad you kicked that bypass surgery's ass! Even more glad that you chose to become primal CW is really hard to shake, but you will!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Isn't that like... almost 2 lbs of food at once? Your stomach's the size of your fist!! Not something I'll be trying. But primal is about following your instincts, and if your friend's instincts tell him eating that much steak is okay, I guess that's great. (Though I'm thinking he probably isn't eating grassfed steak....ewwww so much nasty low-quality meat from sick animals...)

I mean, hey, my instincts told me to eat a shit ton of nuts today... am I worried? Not really. It's what the squirrels do. I took my fish oil. I think I'll be alright.
    Last edited by 2ndChance; 09-28-2012 at 09:05 PM.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    All you really need to know is what you need to do for yourself. Follow the basics of PB, and let everyone else do whatever they are doing.

Is what he is doing primal? Yes, technically speaking, it is. Is it what is right for you? Maybe, maybe not. There are lots of ways to be primal. I do IF, eat two meals a day, have a 200 calorie difference in my daily intake pre ovulation vs post. Should your diet be exactly the same? Probably not. Right? You're not a woman with a cycle, so maybe your body doesn't need an extra 200 calories for half the month. Is it primal? Yes. Is it what you need to do and/or worry about? no.

If you feel better calorie counting, then do that. If you feel better with a lower-fat version of primal, then do that (say 30% -- which is technically, by CW standards, a "low fat" diet). Do what makes sense to you, what feels good in your body. K?

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    Following hunger signals is all I have done during my 180lb loss journey.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Zoebird is right. Don't worry about your friend. If you don't want a 27 oz steak, don't eat one. But is it primal? Do you think primitive man worried about his cholesterol when he caught a deer? Or do you think he ate a couple pounds of it before hauling the rest back to camp? And no, primitive man didn't die young of heart disease. People lived shorter lives due to infant mortality and things like infection or trauma/injury.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12