Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something in my coffee page 2

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I like the reduced sugar quik choclate milk powder in my coffee. Ok I know sugary death etc but 1 tblspoon a day will no kill ya and it tastes good.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I have done a spoonful of coconut oil plus a heaping spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder in the blender with coffee. It's not as good as something more milky, but it's drinkable.

I swear one of these days I'm going to get up the courage to try beef tallow bulletproof coffee he he.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

wolfman is offline Senior Member
    GO BLACK! Get used to the dark bold flavors, the burnt taste really makes you appreciate the hidden brown sugar and maple flavors some espressos have. FIND A GOOD ESPRESSO!

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking coffee black more and more lately. For an interesting variation I'm sometimes adding ground Cardamon. A quarter teaspoon to two tablespoons of coffee. Fresh ground is best, just like coffee. Try it, it's good.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Coconut cream! Totally different than coconut milk (well, not totally, but a lot different). AND you can try it for under a dollar if you can find the small boxes of it (WalMart carries them). I use the Kara brand because it's cheap, but I'm sure there are better brands out there.

I can wean myself down to black coffee eventually, but it's hard to lose both sugar and cream at once.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i am not big on coconut flavour at all but i find if i make the coconut coffee creamer ( can of coconut cream, 1 egg, a big spoon or so of deodourised coconut oil and vanilla ), IF i put it in my coffee first thing in the morning, it is fine. further on in the day, it fades on me a bit but it is still better than no coffee or black coffee, however hard i practise.

I swear one of these days I'm going to get up the courage to try beef tallow bulletproof coffee he he.
    i dare ya! i have some venison tallow atm so we could compare notes but you have to go first lol

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatherly View Post
    I find dairy to be a crutch for me - drink a glass of milk, grab some cheese, a quick scoop of yogurt. I find it is my go to item and know that it needs to become a much smaller part of my diet. I don't think I will quit it for good but I wanted to try for 30 days.
    Heavy cream in my coffee is the LAST place I'll cut dairy out of my diet. I would give up *cheese* before my coffee & cream.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12