Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weak and lethargic sugar burner help! page

chablis1 is offline Junior Member

weak and lethargic sugar burner help!

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,
    I deeply apologize if there are already posts about this topic but I would really appreciate any advice someone may have.

To start out id like to say that i am a 23 year old 145lb 6' very healthy and active girl. I have been eating healthy (or so i thought) for my whole life, since feb i have been gluten free and not really eating much gluten free grains either, I was still one to get weak if i did not eat every three hours (its like clockwork, if i didnt eat I feel like i would pass out and could physically not do much activity) and during spin classes or runs I didnt feel strong enough

After reading Marks book and the Whole 30 I realized I was a sugar burner (is that possible even though I really have never had alot of sugar or bad carbs?) I want to make the transition into a fat burning machine (and also tone up..) but I am having trouble not eating every three hours like I am used to. my body gets very very weak and I feel like I am going to pass out. I get shaky too.
    I have just recently started to add butter (kerrygold) back into my diet, as didnt eat that or many other fats before going primal. I now cook with a teaspoon of coconut oil or butter

My sample meals are:
    coffee with almond milk
    three eggs, half avocado, peppers (maybe bacon some days)
    almond butter and carrots
    spinach salad with carrots walnuts chicken avocado olive oil and vinegar and cucumber
    salmon with broccoli

its very irratating for me because even after I eat (even as I type this..I am weak and I just ate spinach and 1/4 ground beef cooked in butter) I am still weak!!! but I dont want to eat too much food and gain weight.

thanks for the help

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Have you ruled out medical conditions that may be being caused by something other than your diet? You said you just ate and you still feel weak? If food isn't helping then maybe there is something else going on. By all means keep the primal lifestyle, but maybe you should see a doctor.

When I first cut grains and sugars out I was still hungry quite often for a few weeks, but it passed. Now I can definitely go with one meal a day. But typically I just eat when I am hungry. I usually eat VLC, but not always. But when I do have extra carbs (usually in the form of potatoes, sweet or regular) that's when I eat more. I'm no doctor and I am not even going to guess what the problem may be, but if I were you I might try some different supplements out.

thanks for the help!
    I got blood work and took a Gliadin Saliva Test and adrenal stress test in feburary because I was feeling week and tired during workouts. I saw a small improvement after cutting gluten and adding some fats (not much..) I also started taking glutamine (although I do not take it now) ribose, iron, chromium picolinate and ashwagandha
    I really want to turn into a fat burner I have read about so much, I feel i fit the sugar burning category as I really need to eat every three hours .
    thanks for the help

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Anytime, although I doubt I am much help if you keep the carbs reasonably low and stay primal you'll be a fat burner in no time. Like I said it took me a few weeks to not be hungry all the time, which is when I assume I became a fat burner good luck! Always here to talk!

Omni is offline Senior Member
    How long since you cut back the processed carbs, flour sugar etc?
    I would say 1-3 months for your body to start shifting over depending on personal metabolism and how hard you push it, the 3 hour dip is the post prandial insulin overcorrection, so as your body gets rid of the glucose it then dips a bit too low before normalising again.
    If you have a small snack nuts and fruit and also maybe just a little exercise, short walk, this will give you a little top up and help levels stabilise quicker, over time these dips will be less extreme and you will just feel a slight tinge in your belly which will pass quickly and you will be able to extend your meal times.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    How long since you cut back the processed carbs, flour sugar etc?
    I would say 1-3 months for your body to start shifting over depending on personal metabolism and how hard you push it, the 3 hour dip is the post prandial insulin overcorrection, so as your body gets rid of the glucose it then dips a bit too low before normalising again.
    If you have a small snack nuts and fruit and also maybe just a little exercise, short walk, this will give you a little top up and help levels stabilise quicker, over time these dips will be less extreme and you will just feel a slight tinge in your belly which will pass quickly and you will be able to extend your meal times.
    Thank you so much for all your help, i completely cut out starchy carbs a out two weeks ago, but like i said i never really ate them too heavily... I have been increasing my fat by adding kerrygold butter And adding more coconut oil. I don't get as weak and lethargic as I usually did and I find instead of being hungry every 2-3 hours its more like 5. I have also completely cut out fruit.

Do you think that is what I needed? I feel like I eat a bigggg breakfast (3eggs, spinach, meat usually ground beef or chicken cooked in butter) isn't that a lot for a girl my size? 145 and 6' tall. Will my appetite start to decrease once my body knows I will be fueling it properly?
    Thanks !

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    I think that amount if food is fine right now, and honestly you can eat more during the "transition phase" until your body normalizes some. Assuming you don't have food/binge issues, eat more now to feel better (get enough fat!) and you'll be able to figure out the rest pretty easily once you're into fat burning mode. Just give it a little more time.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chablis1 View Post
    I am still weak!!! but I dont want to eat too much food and gain weight.

thanks for the help
    Eat more and see what happens. At 6' and 145lbs if you eat more and gain a pound or two it will not make much of a diff so take the risk.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Maybe some beef/saturated fat?
    Billie trips balls

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I also think its fine for your health you can go for more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast