Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Actual exchange with my roommate... page 2

Moll is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    White macaroni pasta with cheese melted on top. You can actually make your own cheese sauce with, you know, honest to god, thick, creamy, cheesey goodness, but my roommate prefers the packet cheese.
    I watch part of Rachel Ray sometimes (because she's on the channel that's on where I work lol) and she just did a mac and cheese dish where she made her own cheese sauce that included pureed roasted butternut squash and carrot pieces! Looked delicious.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Wow... even when I ate CW style I would've preferred the stir fry. Not the brightest bulb on the tree is he?
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    Oh LORD. Hahahahahha!
    "You have a patriotic DUTY to eat those shells and chese NOW young lady!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Wow... even when I ate CW style I would've preferred the stir fry. Not the brightest bulb on the tree is he?
    Nope. And he just walked out of the kitchen complaining that his girlfriend got the "small" ice cream bars and not real "man-sized" ice cream bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll View Post
    I watch part of Rachel Ray sometimes (because she's on the channel that's on where I work lol) and she just did a mac and cheese dish where she made her own cheese sauce that included pureed roasted butternut squash and carrot pieces! Looked delicious.
    That would be WAY too much effort for my roommate.

But uh, can I have that recepie for the sauce? I''d love to top my veggies with it sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I was a pasta addict, so I think I know where he's coming from. Addiction to pasta aside, learning to eat real food was one of the biggest puzzles of my life. I was keeping carrots in the silverware drawer, burning food, you name it. It's scary, and not everyone is up to the task.
    Oh, he sees how I eat and is absolutely MORTIFIED by it. He says I am a certified nut-job for eating as much fat as I do.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I was also a pasta addict, but with delicious homemade sauce! And dude... carrots in the silverware drawer, lol? You have certainly come a long way!
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I've never had mac and cheese. I imagine it's a pasta thing in a thin cheese sauce. Is it made from a packet?
    OMG this stuff is super nasty. Be glad you have never tried this abomination from a carton. My parents tried to feed a box to me when I was like 7, and I never could get past the first spoonful. Disgusting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    OMG this stuff is super nasty. Be glad you have never tried this abomination from a carton. My parents tried to feed a box to me when I was like 7, and I never could get past the first spoonful. Disgusting stuff.
    Then you had better taste than your parents did at age seven. Pretty sad to know that actually.

What we'll feed our children these days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast