Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reactions to SAD meals page

mthornton99 is offline Junior Member

Reactions to SAD meals

Primal Fuel
    How do you feel after eating(cheating) a SAD meal. I have been primal since early this year, and I notice that every time I eat crappy food(pizza, cereal, junk food) I feel poorly. A very unsettled GI feeling. I also notice that high carb meals will make me feel like I have taken a shot of caffeine or something. I feel as though my heart rate is elevated and my chest feels like it does after sprinting a short distance.

Is this a normal reaction? Do any of you have similar reactions?

It makes sense that I might feel this way, but I was just curious as to others experiences. It definately makes me want to be as strict with my diet as possible.

Mark

mthornton99 is offline Junior Member
    I guess I should have posted this in the nutrition section. Woops!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i have mixed reactions to breaking away from primal and eating SAD meals, depending on what i'm eating. some foods treat me just fine, others make me feel sort of bloated. it's actually later in the day and even the next day when i feel the worst. i find that getting back to a primal diet gets me feeling pretty good again before too long.

meat egg fruit n veg is offline Junior Member
    I don't really feel anything at all, but some of my teeth hurt when I eat something with sugar in it.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    If I ingest PUFAs, I bloat and have a lot of joint pain.

My "cheats" are usually organic corn tortillas... wrapping a very paleo/primal filling. If I bake/fry them myself, no harm... if I go out and have tacos, even if the filling is essentially the same, the crap they fry it in just gets me.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I am not sure I could actually do a full on cheat meal. I will have some full fat ice-cream etc but I think I would be ill trying to eat a full on processed sad meal. I was at the hockey game tonight I wont comment on the awful overcook sad looking food people were stuffing in their faces but I will say the person beside me sat down to eat poutine...you could smell the plastic cheese, processed oils etc....disgusting.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I occasionally eat two slices of sourdough bread. Nothing happens. However, the other night, I ate some ravioli - not from a can or anything, they were pretty decent quality. Nothing too terrible except an A.M. flatulence session. No pain or discomfort, just wind.

So, I'm not sure if the sourdough starter decreases the effects of the wheat in the bread or if it's just such a small dose of wheat that it doesn't create any issues. I did notice that I don't like pasta as much as I used to though. It wasn't really a negative as much as a feeling of eating something empty. Like if I were starving in the woods, and came upon free pasta, I'd eat it, but if I'm going to buy something to actually nourish me, I'd pass every time.

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    I have found that my taste buds are much more perceptive now to weird chemical ingredients. I used to eat Campbell's Chicken and Sausage Gumbo canned soup a lot. I bought one the other day and when I ate it I couldn't get halfway through and had to throw it out, it was so gross to me. Similarly my husband and I love the Green Giant Garden Veggie Medley frozen steamer pack, it was our go to snack. I ate one the other day and the butter sauce had a distinct nasty chemical taste to me.

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    I didn't know how sensitive I was going to be to sad foods once I started going primal. Quite cold turkey about a month ago.
    Now, I get so sick!
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    For me, it depends how badly I go off. If I go to a nice restaurant and get a steak and salad, then have a sweet dessert, no real effect. If I have a lot of carbs and a dessert, I usually feel ill and under the weather the next day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast