Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reactions to SAD meals page 2

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I drank a beer today. Felt a bit intoxicated afterwards. Could have been because I was in the hot sun, too.

I've had a few somewhat SAD meals and mostly I'm just disappointed. They taste funny, too sweet or too much MSG and not very satisfying. I had an ice cream once. It was quality ice cream and my favorite flavor and a small size but I was like meh, I can't finish this and gave it to my boyfriend. I had some of a brownie sundae thing once and that was pretty good. It took all my willpower not to ravish the whole thing.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    grains give me a wicked upset stomach now, they always kinda did, but now I REALLY know it.

Sweet things are REALLY sweet, most cakes/pies/cookies etc are too sweet for my taste buds.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I have been primal 3 full months now. If I have a small amount of wheat or grains I feel sick to my stomach -- it's bad news --- people next to me can hear my stomach rumbling.

If i ingest sugar -- wholly Hannah --- I crawl into my bed, with heart palpitations and don't come out of bed for a few hours. It feels as though I'm on drugs and unable to move the limbs on my body -- it's like an out of body experience. It's such a bad experience that I've asked my husband to stop me before I ingest any sugar again. We laugh about it, but I've asked him to seriously stop me from doing it. I'm a train wreck on sugar.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The only cheating I've done since starting this almost 2 months ago is the occasional beer. No more than 1 a week, and while I've noted that I feel the effect of that single beer more than I once did, there are no other effects. Earlier this week I tried a slice of uncured slow-cooked ham that only had 3 ingredients and felt awful afterwards. It had evaporated cane sugar as one of those ingredients and my stomach just plain hurt...no more of that!

I wish that I COULD drink red wine, but my body hates the tannins and sulfides in it...so I doubt I will give up my yummy craft beer totally. I strongly dislike the hard stuff - just don't like the taste (or effects) at all. I figure if it takes me a month to go through a 6-pack of high quality stout that it can't really be hurting even though it is a lot of empty calories (that were originally grain...)
    Last edited by Catrin; 09-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12