Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After Gall Bladder removal... How long until I can deadlift!!! page

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member

After Gall Bladder removal... How long until I can deadlift!!!

Shop Now
    There are a lot of people here who have gotten their gallbladder removed for various reasons. Apart from any diet changes, how did the recovery time affect your training? How long did it take for you guys to get back into heavy lifting, did you have to remain practically static for weeks? From what I've been told, I can't practically do anything, which sucks.

Just wanting to know some experience

patski is offline Senior Member
    Oh man!

AT LEAST one to two months. Don't fuck around post-surgery!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    6 weeks before you can lift 20 lbs. After that, progress slowly. I'm assuming you had laparoscopy.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    6 weeks before you can lift 20 lbs. After that, progress slowly. I'm assuming you had laparoscopy.
    I will, the operation will be october 10.

I don{t want to seem pushy, lol, but you mean I shouldn't do ANYTHING, like no bodyweight, pilates, or nothing?

Thanks, btw

relaygirl is offline Senior Member
    I may be I'm the exception-but I had mine out Dec 2010--I am a runner. I ran a marathon in January 2011. The gallbladder was no big deal for me. I did not push it, I just felt fine. I was going to give myself 7 solid days of rest-3 in bed (looking forward to pain meds ) and I just did not need it-I started walking after a couple of days, running after a week. I can't remember if I dead lifted but I was back at cross fit 3 weeks later-would have been sooner but it was the holidays and my kids were home. but I am not super strong-so the weight probably would not have been an issue for me.

The biggest deal for me was the diet--I used Super Enzymes for a while because I was afraid of digestion issues--but I switched to CO all the time then because it is supposed to not need the bile to digest.

Thanks, looks like i just need to be extra attentive to my body and take it easy the first couple of days. I guess I got so warned bu my doctor and friends and family that I thought I wouldn't be able to get off the couch for a couple of days. I don't lift that much anyways, like 115 is my highest weight, but I{ll take it easy nonetheless.

Thanks again! I hope the procedure runs just fine

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
    I will, the operation will be october 10.

I don{t want to seem pushy, lol, but you mean I shouldn't do ANYTHING, like no bodyweight, pilates, or nothing?

Thanks, btw
    You can lift 10 lbs as soon as you feel up to it and of course things like walking, biking, swimming are all good (wait for your incision scabs to fall off for swimming).

Quote Originally Posted by relaygirl View Post

The biggest deal for me was the diet--I used Super Enzymes for a while because I was afraid of digestion issues--but I switched to CO all the time then because it is supposed to not need the bile to digest.
    What is CO? I was thinking using probiotics, because those are what I already have in my house, but I don{t know how effective they would be.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Oh man!

AT LEAST one to two months. Don't fuck around post-surgery!
    exactly this - I discharged myself after disocating my shoulder serverly as soon as I'd woke up and ripped the chest monitor patches off, the staff couldn't believe I'd got myself dressed, but I was a wreck after haing my GB out for well over a week, and I had it done key-hole so was supposed to be easier recovery. Listen to your body and pain and you won't wan't to do much anyway. I've got a hole under by belly button where they pulled the offending sack out, so they cut through your abs, and you use them for everything. Hey but I'm good now
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

aaronisgoodman is offline Junior Member
    I recently made Gall Bladder Surgery. I hopes to learn some protect their knowledge here. Need help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast