Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Skirts, Hate Stockings! page

Leida is offline Senior Member

Love Skirts, Hate Stockings!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, noes, it's this time of the year again... I mean the dreaded pantyhose time. Argh. They never fit right, they fall apart into shreds the moment they touch my heels, and... yukes. I bought a pair of over the knee socks... hope it is a solution with the snow-pants over them. But I still gonna miss the simple summer way of just socks!

Anyone else with the similar woes?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't consider it a problem or woe, but I love the way a sexy woman looks in a pair of stockings look with a garter belt. It's my personal weakness.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I point blank refuse to wear hose. If it's cold, I'm wearing tights thick enough to not have that worry. If an interviewer is overly concerned with whether I wore hose on my interview and kicks me based on that, I didn't want to work there anyways.
    My bitch is knee high boots. They're either made for women with stick legs, or, if you CAN find wide shafted boots, they have a wide footbed. I have tiny, skinny feet and athletic calves. Who the hell makes boots for ME?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i saw a pair of tights online the other day that i might give up comfort for. one leg had the sexeh black line down the back of the leg, the other had a tiny man climbing up it on the thigh
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Okay, those might be worth the frustration.

Otherwise I like cotton tights for winter. Warmer, softer, and far less likely to shred if you look at them the wrong way.

However, for formal events where stockings are appropriate, I have found that the garter belt and stockings is a better combination for comfort than pantyhose. Also, if you run one, you don't have to toss the pair, and you can carry spares if you have a purse larger than an evening clutch.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i saw a pair of tights online the other day that i might give up comfort for. one leg had the sexeh black line down the back of the leg, the other had a tiny man climbing up it on the thigh
    Yeah, i might wear those, ridiculous useless clothing or not.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I just wear longer skirts. Not worn panty hose since my wedding 21 years ago!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I might be the only one who finds panty hose an improvement on garter belt? Back when I were a girl, panty-hose was considered too much for a girl who'd rip them faster than anything, so I have worn bloody belts with horrid tights all winter. Yukes. The itching, the stretching knees AND the huge hot woolen underwear to go over it to keep the womanly areas protected from cold (and when you are inside, like in a metro, eww). Makes me like the snow pants. I like those panty hose from thicker nylon, too bad they don't sell them much, and they cost an arm and a leg compared to the flimsy ones. The only problem is that the size never match. I have to go to like 2 sizes up so they actually don't make a rapper's pants impersonation. Eww.

I just wear longer skirts. Not worn panty hose since my wedding 21 years ago!
    It's great to live in a warm climate!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Oh, noes, it's this time of the year again... I mean the dreaded pantyhose time. Argh. They never fit right, they fall apart into shreds the moment they touch my heels, and... yukes. I bought a pair of over the knee socks... hope it is a solution with the snow-pants over them. But I still gonna miss the simple summer way of just socks!

Anyone else with the similar woes?
    Go for tights and not pantyhose! I love smartwool tights with a skirt and boots.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I point blank refuse to wear hose. If it's cold, I'm wearing tights thick enough to not have that worry. If an interviewer is overly concerned with whether I wore hose on my interview and kicks me based on that, I didn't want to work there anyways.
    My bitch is knee high boots. They're either made for women with stick legs, or, if you CAN find wide shafted boots, they have a wide footbed. I have tiny, skinny feet and athletic calves. Who the hell makes boots for ME?
    Well, there are 2 of us out there that need 'extended calf' boots! I have narrow heels and big calves. We call them 'cows' in our family.

UGG Annisa work well for me. I'm not sure they are selling them this season. Casual boots, though. They look great with Athleta or Horny Toad style dresses and skirts.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast