Thread: Great Results But Is It The Norm? page

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member

Great Results But Is It The Norm?

Primal Fuel
    Howdy!

I've been following the PB style of eating for the last 6 weeks or so, but ate low carb for quite a while on and off before that, a la paleo, so probably not really low carb as I ate a lot of veg.

so, 6 weeks or so ago, I was around 86kk, 6ft 2.5inch male, 44 old.

First couple of weeks I lost around 2kg, nice eh? Then I really started to look at my macro numbers and play with the idea of v low carb, having read the Phinney/Volek 'performance' book.

So, I have set my macros at 129grms fat per day, 133 grms protein, and carbs at around 30grms. Cals per day around 1800-2000 in general, some days I eat more, but never less than 1800.

Yesterday, for example, I instructed 4 group exercise classes, one spinning, 3 kettlebell, although I really hold myself back on the classes these days, instruct a lot more than I 'do'.

Anyhow, yesterday, as an example, I consumed 2333 cals, 70% from fat, 23% from protein, and a lowly 5.8% from carbs.

On Aug 30th I weighed 84.4kg, that had dropped to 80.9kg on Sept 10 (really the couple of weeks since I cut the carbs right back). Had a bit of a plateau and gain until 23 Sept, weighing 81.2 on that day.

Over the last few days, including yesterdays moderate eat, I dropped to 79.5kg today.

I can see the body fat melting away, I am never hungry (still have a square too many of dark choc occasionally), have great energy, run 8-9 classes per week, jog a bit, do pullups, sprints once a week, trx suspension trainer etc, and still the body fat is falling away.

Great you might say, what are you complaining about?? well, i'm not, but my goal is 10% BF and having hopped into a bodpod the other day, which gave current predicted BF around 15%, I need to shed another 3kg or so of fat to hit 12% or so.

It just seems tooooo easy at the moment. Getting close to ideal composition should be harder than this shouldn't it?

I'd really like to hear from anyone who found it pretty easy. The last 3kg could be a bugger, but it just seems that I should be finding it somewhat harder.

should I eat more? I feel fine, not hungry, could up protein from .8grms per lb lean body mass to 1grm, making sure I am not losing muscle, although it doens't look like I am, and the whole ketosis thing is supposed to preserve muscle mass.

Whadya reckon???? All good, or eat more and slow it up?

Cheers in advance
    Last edited by PureFunctionalFitness; 09-28-2012 at 02:07 AM.

AdamC29 is offline Senior Member
    I think you were probably fit (through your job) but your previous diet was probably holding you back. Now that you are putting the right fuel into your body it will be easy. A double whammy!

I say this as I have lost 20KG in around 18 months. I was fit before but holding myself back through not eating the right food. Now I do both.

It's a nice place to be when you have to think of ways to increase your calorie intake but the reality is that we don't actually need a lot of food to function at a high level.

Just enjoy, you are in the right place and spread the word.

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamC29 View Post
    I think you were probably fit (through your job) but your previous diet was probably holding you back. Now that you are putting the right fuel into your body it will be easy. A double whammy!

I say this as I have lost 20KG in around 18 months. I was fit before but holding myself back through not eating the right food. Now I do both.

It's a nice place to be when you have to think of ways to increase your calorie intake but the reality is that we don't actually need a lot of food to function at a high level.

Just enjoy, you are in the right place and spread the word.
    cool, thx. My wife's cousin has lost 10lb in the last few weeks, just cutting the carbs, she is ranting about it on FB. I also get most of my PT clients to eat this way, and they are seeing great results.