Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Please give me some ideas for good carbs to eat page 6

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by paul900 View Post
    damn, now i do more and more research and find out that squash has a very high fructose level which i dont like at all.

IS THERE ANY GOOD CARB OUT THERE???
    I refuse to give up my winter squash. I will, however, stop eating the entire thing in one sitting. The dark orange flesh is so good for you! They call it 'flesh'... like meat... so that is enough for me.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul900 View Post
    Great. Now I'm hungry AND horny. Love The Rock.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Seriously to the OP, this is what a DIVERSIFIED diet gives you in terms of vitamins and minerals (just one of my last days)

Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

paul900 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I think this guy could be a hilarious troll. Look at him saying all this stuff about lean meat and egg whites and having only 300g of buckwheat a day. However if he isn't trolling I'm sorry for saying all of this. And all I can say is: eat meat fish and eggs and fruit and vegetables, also potatoes. That's it
    I'm not a troll. Seriously why would I put so much effort into a thread to troll like this? I can post a pic of my bulk cook tomorrow if you don't believe me. I don't want to eat whole eggs due to the high cholesterol in the yolk. Yes i know according to mark it's fine but I don't just blindly believe everything Mark says.
    Last edited by paul900; 09-29-2012 at 07:55 PM.

paul900 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    You may think it is good but jarred sauces, and buckwheat are not Primal. Why egg whites, what is wrong with eggs?
    Ok, can i ask you a question and I would really appreciate an answer. I hope you don't mind.

If you were in my position (hardly ever at home and having to bring food with you, therefore doing a bulk cook and then bringing food with you that day), what would YOU put in, instead of buckwheat and that jarred sauce. the jarred sauce is what makes it so tasty and really edible for me and enjoyable.

This is what i am putting in the bulk cook

- acorn squash
    - buckwheat
    - zucchini
    - carrot
    - mushrooms
    - bell peppers
    - turkey breast (instead of chicken)

please suggest alternative to buckwheat and sauce and some other things i can put in. and don't just say fruits and vegetables as I would prefer actual foods

It would be really helpful if you could give me your input.

paul900 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    WTF?!? Enjoying real, wholesome foods, well prepared, well cooked and well presented is a joy in life and does not make people fat and unhealthy - gorging on crap makes them unhealthy.
    I agree with that. However my point was that I am more concerned with getting the proper foods and vitamins/minerals than eating what is enjoyable. However, if I have all the vitamins and minerals, then why not add something enjoyable such as a jarred sauce.

Anyway, we do agree here.

paul900 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Seriously to the OP, this is what a DIVERSIFIED diet gives you in terms of vitamins and minerals (just one of my last days)

This is interesting.

How did you calculate all of this? Can you give more information on your diet? Can you give some input into what i should put into my bulk cook?

I would appreciate your answers. they can be very brief if you don't feel like writing a long posts but I'd appreciate it. It looks to me like you got very high amounts of some vitamins and minerals. Would you not be concerned about consuming that high amount daily on a long term basis?

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Have you not heard of a BAS (Big Ass Salad)? Full on egg and bacon breakfast with veg, BAS for lunch ans sometimes in the PM dinner
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    It is very easy to go Primal, it is up to you if you want to or not.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

paul900 Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I watched the video of Mark making that 2 min salad and it really gave me some ideas. Perhaps I should rethink this whole thing. That is something I could quite easily do several times per day. It had lots of different veg and the chicken for protein. The dressing would be a very important part of it though. He said his wife made it. However, it's given me some really good ideas. Perhaps I need to do more research.

I'm going to watch this video of Mark now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um-a61rClSs

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast