Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please give me some ideas for good carbs to eat page 2

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Squashes are not really all that high carb compared to other veggies.

i mean a pound of spaghetti squash is only 30 carbs. Think about that a pound and 30 carbs. 3oz, which is usually the stand serving size of any veggie would only be 6 carbs. possibly less if you buy into the net carb thing.

I eat acorn and butternut squash with reckless abandon and have no problems.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Fruit- banana, apple, whatever. Sweet potatoes. Potatoes. Squashes.

Please don't be afraid of the range of fruits and vegetables available. Every food has an upside and a downside.... some more than others. Bananas don't make (most of us) fat. They won't kill you. Eat a wide range.

If you really in your heart believe that fruits and things like squash are toxic, the I suggest seeking out a new way of life and information that supports that and can educate you on what to eat. Primal Blueprint includes foods like fruit and squash. It has nothing to do with avoiding those items.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    And seriously... your list.... take a breath.

People eat all of those things and are PERFECTLY HEALTHY. And if you start looking at your meats, you will find some unhappy stuff too. And if you look at your leafy greens.... avoid the kale! Soon, you will be eating exactly nothing.

Our bodies are set up to handle small amounts of toxins. They can cover any bad a few servings a week the sweet potatoes and bananas might throw at it. And you need to balance the bad with the very good.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Eat a wide variety of meat, veg and fruit. Keep your food real and don't micro-manage.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

paul900 Guest
    thanks for the advice people

to the people that asked, im perfectly healthy. i dont need to watch any oxalates/fructose etc.

im starting to lose a bit of desire to get the "perfect" diet though. its just not possible. im just going to eat 500g squash and 500g of buckwheat every day. my reasoning - i will never know what food is good or bad. I will use chicken and turkey for protein. and i will have salmon and beef on the odd occasion. i could read good and bad on every food. even the lectins that we are all shying away from in grains is disputed by top doctors and nutritionists who have spent years in college studying this stuff. all we have done is read stuff online and read books. who knows who is right?

im disillusioned with it all. i guess i don't have the patience for it. i skimmed through the primal blueprint and wasn't really impressed. lots of fluff, i was thinking "just tell me the good foods!"

personally i felt great eating the buckwheat alone every day until i read about lectins. i lost a few pounds and toned up. you can read all sorts of things on buckwheat being a super food, lowering blood pressure etc. then you can read all the bad stuff. its all garbage imo. im done.

im going to go with the squash and buckwheat and see how i feel after a few weeks. i can't put effort into this any more when its so frustrating to read the differing viewpoints on the foods. maybe its because im a man?
    Last edited by paul900; 09-28-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    This thread made me laugh quite a bit.
    I'm sorry if I'm not helpful but it's just so... absurd, relax man.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    This thread made me laugh quite a bit.
    I'm sorry if I'm not helpful but it's just so... absurd, relax man.
    You got that right...

Call me crazy...
    But eating exactly the same 2 foods every day?
    Healthy...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    let's all calm down. okay, maybe just the OP -

there is no 'perfect' diet. that doesn't even mean anything. and you're way overthinking this.

I'm thinking of starting my own I'm so disillusioned thread to see if people will come and hold my hand. Cuz I really need a hug.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I'm thinking of starting my own I'm so disillusioned thread to see if people will come and hold my hand. Cuz I really need a hug.
    After reading the OP too much I think we all need a hug.

**hugs Finne**
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast