Thread: Short Achilles Tendon page

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

Short Achilles Tendon

Primal Fuel
    Okay so due to thinking I was a velociraptor during my formative years I now have a shortened achilles tendon. Can anyone suggest any exercises to lengthen it? My physio person from back then had suggested those wall stretches where you stagger your stance and push against the wall.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Annlee is offline Senior Member

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Okay so due to thinking I was a velociraptor during my formative years I now have a shortened achilles tendon. Can anyone suggest any exercises to lengthen it? My physio person from back then had suggested those wall stretches where you stagger your stance and push against the wall.
    Also, standing on a step of the stairs and lowering the heel adds an extra stretch. Go barefoot more or wear thin soled shoes around the place a lot more. Also try some foam roller on achilles AND calf, it is surprising how the problem area is often above where you think it is.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the barefoot/ minimalist shoe idea. Shoes with a heel will continue to let you walk around with a shortened achilles.

Rueben is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure if you have pain with your heel - but post number 6 in this thread has basically cured me of my achilles heel pain that has plagued me for years...

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread63462.html

Thanks to whoever posted that link - I am much more mobile now because of it, and am not hobbling around in the mornings like I used to.