Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coconut Milk page

XGrains is offline Member

Coconut Milk

Primal Fuel
    Could someone suggest a good brand of coconut milk? I have been using So Delicious unsweetened vanilla because of it's availability and taste, but I read it's not a good choice. Thanks.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Native forest does not use bpa in the can liner.

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Are you asking about Coconut Milk Drink, or Coconut Milk? The Soy Delicious Coconut Milk Drink sold in milk cartons is a very different product than Coconut Milk, which usually comes in cans.

Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    Are you asking about Coconut Milk Drink, or Coconut Milk? The Soy Delicious Coconut Milk Drink sold in milk cartons is a very different product than Coconut Milk, which usually comes in cans.
    It would be helpful if you would explain the difference.

Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XGrains View Post
    It would be helpful if you would explain the difference.
    Coconut Milk DRINK is a beverage that happens to have some coconut milk in it with other chemicals and lots of water. It is meant to be a "milk replacement" for those who want a milk-like drink but don't want to drink cows milk.

Real Coconut Milk is sold in a can, and is only coconut meat and milk. You will find "low fat" versions where they have added water to it, ich... real coconut milk is much thicker than that stuff in the box and useful for many things - and quite yummy! You can also, of course, get it from a coconut as well
    Last edited by Catrin; 09-28-2012 at 04:38 AM.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Coconut Milk DRINK is a beverage that happens to have some coconut milk in it with other chemicals and lots of water. It is meant to be a "milk replacement" for those who want a milk-like drink but don't want to drink cows milk.

Real Coconut Milk is sold in a can, and is only coconut meat and milk. You will find "low fat" versions where they have added water to it, ich... real coconut milk is much thicker than that stuff in the box and useful for many things - and quite yummy! You can also, of course, get it from a coconut as well
    Coconut "milk" (not the drink) is a human invention not found in the coconut itself. You can make coconut "milk" from coconut but you will not find it in a coconut when you open it.
    And also there is no coconut meat in coconut "milk".
    Last edited by KathyH; 09-28-2012 at 04:55 AM.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    You can make coconut "milk" from coconut but you will not find it in a coconut when you open it.
    I bought one to try to make my own, but havent yet. Maybe later today
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Coconut "milk" (not the drink) is a human invention not found in the coconut itself. You can make coconut "milk" from coconut but you will not find it in a coconut when you open it.
    I stand corrected on the presence of coconut meat - unsure why I typed it because I knew that already. Thanks!

Should I always avoid the use of coconut milk drink or would it be ok to add to coffee and in smoothies? It's mostly 4.5g fat, 4 saturated, and 2 carbs per 8 ounces.

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XGrains View Post
    Should I always avoid the use of coconut milk drink or would it be ok to add to coffee and in smoothies? It's mostly 4.5g fat, 4 saturated, and 2 carbs per 8 ounces.
    What else is in it? Did you read the ingredients list?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast