Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: Coconut Milk page

  1. #1
    XGrains's Avatar
    XGrains is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61

    Coconut Milk

    Primal Fuel
    Could someone suggest a good brand of coconut milk? I have been using So Delicious unsweetened vanilla because of it's availability and taste, but I read it's not a good choice. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Primal123's Avatar
    Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    243
    Native forest does not use bpa in the can liner.

  3. #3
    JWBooth's Avatar
    JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    129
    Are you asking about Coconut Milk Drink, or Coconut Milk? The Soy Delicious Coconut Milk Drink sold in milk cartons is a very different product than Coconut Milk, which usually comes in cans.

  4. #4
    XGrains's Avatar
    XGrains is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBooth View Post
    Are you asking about Coconut Milk Drink, or Coconut Milk? The Soy Delicious Coconut Milk Drink sold in milk cartons is a very different product than Coconut Milk, which usually comes in cans.
    It would be helpful if you would explain the difference.

  5. #5
    Catrin's Avatar
    Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by XGrains View Post
    It would be helpful if you would explain the difference.
    Coconut Milk DRINK is a beverage that happens to have some coconut milk in it with other chemicals and lots of water. It is meant to be a "milk replacement" for those who want a milk-like drink but don't want to drink cows milk.

    Real Coconut Milk is sold in a can, and is only coconut meat and milk. You will find "low fat" versions where they have added water to it, ich... real coconut milk is much thicker than that stuff in the box and useful for many things - and quite yummy! You can also, of course, get it from a coconut as well
    Last edited by Catrin; 09-28-2012 at 04:38 AM.

  6. #6
    KathyH's Avatar
    KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Coconut Milk DRINK is a beverage that happens to have some coconut milk in it with other chemicals and lots of water. It is meant to be a "milk replacement" for those who want a milk-like drink but don't want to drink cows milk.

    Real Coconut Milk is sold in a can, and is only coconut meat and milk. You will find "low fat" versions where they have added water to it, ich... real coconut milk is much thicker than that stuff in the box and useful for many things - and quite yummy! You can also, of course, get it from a coconut as well
    Coconut "milk" (not the drink) is a human invention not found in the coconut itself. You can make coconut "milk" from coconut but you will not find it in a coconut when you open it.
    And also there is no coconut meat in coconut "milk".
    Last edited by KathyH; 09-28-2012 at 04:55 AM.

  7. #7
    gopintos's Avatar
    gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    You can make coconut "milk" from coconut but you will not find it in a coconut when you open it.
    And also there is no coconut meat in coconut "milk".
    I bought one to try to make my own, but havent yet. Maybe later today
    65lbs gone and counting!!

    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

  8. #8
    Catrin's Avatar
    Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Coconut "milk" (not the drink) is a human invention not found in the coconut itself. You can make coconut "milk" from coconut but you will not find it in a coconut when you open it.
    And also there is no coconut meat in coconut "milk".
    I stand corrected on the presence of coconut meat - unsure why I typed it because I knew that already. Thanks!

  9. #9
    XGrains's Avatar
    XGrains is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    61
    Should I always avoid the use of coconut milk drink or would it be ok to add to coffee and in smoothies? It's mostly 4.5g fat, 4 saturated, and 2 carbs per 8 ounces.

  10. #10
    KathyH's Avatar
    KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by XGrains View Post
    Should I always avoid the use of coconut milk drink or would it be ok to add to coffee and in smoothies? It's mostly 4.5g fat, 4 saturated, and 2 carbs per 8 ounces.
    What else is in it? Did you read the ingredients list?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •