Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up on husband page

Karo is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Giving up on husband

Shop Now
    I am saddened that my husband just won't stick to primal living. He eats crap, his cholesterol levels are atrocious, he is looking old and frail, doesn't exercise. At this point I need to take care of myself and think about our children. I just can't spend more energy on someone who'd rather take stains than eliminate grains.

Just a sad moment for me having to realize it - one I wanted to share with you.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Not your issue. He's an adult and he's going to make choices that he can live with. Get on with your own life, and your own eating beliefs. Since when did our partners have to be 'just like us?'
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Karo is offline Junior Member
    Yes, but I dwell in possibilities of what could have been in 10, 20, 30 years from now... I know what's coming.

parakeet is offline Member
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. All you can do is lead by example and do what you can to keep the garbage food out of the house. I have the same problem with my dad; blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds and it is looking more and more like he will end up on insulin. As much as it pains me to see him killing himself, he is an adult and it is his decision to do as he pleases.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karo View Post
    Yes, but I dwell in possibilities of what could have been in 10, 20, 30 years from now... I know what's coming.
    I'm so sorry to hear. It can't be easy, hang in there...

bethaneyjayne is offline Junior Member
    My man isn't too interested either, but he is making changes, he can see by my moods and steady weight that it's helped me so much, he now uses less diary, has tried some almond meal alternatives to cakes, chooses sweet potato over white potato and eats less bread in general, he is also happy to eat the grain free dinner and lunch I provide him each day, it's just his snacking which is bad. I can accept he will never be primal, but I know he is making great changes which may mean a longer happier, life, that's a very good thing. As I see it even if he has taken on just a few "primal habits" I'm happy!

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    Yea...that's a tough one. Just lead by example and hope he changes his mind. Good Luck!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Grass is greener syndrome poor beta that is your husband he has my sympathy
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i don't think so, kenn.

I don't see anything there that says "grass is greener" or that she's looking elsewhere. Rather, she's just sad that he's not interested in taking care of his health *now* which would improve the quality of his life later. And thereby also the quality of her life later, too.

I think it's ok to be upset about that -- about the quality of life and mortality of your partner. It's normal even.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldStewar View Post
    I know what's coming
    Winter?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast