Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Giving up on husband page 6

froggie is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Tonight my partner declared he wasn't hungry because today was pizza day at the office. So I cooked myself a big pile of liver and onions with Swiss chard and beet greens sauteed in bacon. There was plenty of liver in the pan for him if he'd like some. Instead he had corn chips and salsa. I offered him some fruit, too. He complained the fruit had an aftertaste. It's incredibly freeing to just say screw it, I don't care anymore. Two more huge pieces of liver leftover, all for me. And the sapote fruit was really good.
    Ah! I am headed in that direction as well, hopefully soon I won't care either.
    Leading by example (and silently, per Credodisi's suggestion)...
    Good luck to you all

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

PureFunctionalFitness is offline Senior Member
    I think it is really tricky when you genuinely believe that what you are doing is right, healthy, sensible, and others, particularly those closest buck against you. Firstly, you have to do what you feel is right for your own health.

I talk about this stuff at home, about the Gary Taubes book I am reading and all the interesting (and scary) stuff in it. I suggest to my wife she might like to take a look after I have finished it, and I get a "eh I might do one day"!

Then, when I complain about the kids eating crisps, carbs of all sorts for their lunches and snacks, I am made to be the villain, the person pressing their view on others. But I don't want my kids to end up insulin resistant and all the problems that go with that in future life. I am seen as a nag. Even the beliefs that oaty muesli bars are healthy because they 'have oats in them' drives me up the wall, the ignorance of it.

My wife is very supportive in so many ways, but this almost polar opposites on eating habits is hard to handle, to the point that I just say nothing and hope the kids will do better when they make their own choices. Oh well :-(

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    This really saddens me. Why? At first, my mom and I couldn't convince dad to give up grains. We just let him alone and he eventually read Wheat Belly by himself and decided to go grain free. Now he looses more weight than I do every week, and he's off his diuretic. He's still on statins but he says he's feeling much better. Don't lose hope, just leave the information around. Maybe he'll find it.

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    Me and the hubby aren't on the same page, but pretty darn close. He has made an amazing change in his diet, just not all the way on to primal like me. Last night we were deciding on a new place to go eat. He said, Hey, so and so told me about a neat little Italian place over there,". I told him, that place is gonna have a ton of pasta and stuff." We decided together to go to another place. Neither one of us sacrificed anything, we got steak that night at a different place.
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Some of those Italian places will have a decent ceasar salad with salmon. If they make the ceasar salad, it's made with whole eggs, anchovy paste, olive oil and cheese. That's the kind of thing I will get. Fancier places will have even better stuff.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Some of those Italian places will have a decent ceasar salad with salmon. If they make the ceasar salad, it's made with whole eggs, anchovy paste, olive oil and cheese. That's the kind of thing I will get. Fancier places will have even better stuff.
    That sounds really good. Now I wish we had gone there! I will have to ask for more intel on this place.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, our local italian places have a *lot* of primal options. Pasta and breads are definitely there, but the antipasto as a starter is great, and then you can get some beautiful, simple meat/veg dishes. Seriously, lovely stuff. Main thing is to check online. Most restaurants have web sites and menus online, so you can check!

My husband and I are on the same page. He's been thinking about IF for the past several months, and now he really wants to IF. He wants to do 16/8 (which is basically what I already do), and he wants to plan the menu for the next week before we go shopping so that we can get off on a good foot with it. It's pretty cool.

I gained a little these last few weeks due to stress (and some stress eating, too!), and so I know that in about 2-3 weeks, I'll be back to normal soon.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    So what do you think I should do. My partner has a passive aggressive streak. We saw oysters at the farmers market a while ago so we made a special trip to get a shucker. Today I brought home some oysters. But instead of being enthused, he made a face and said he'll watch me eat them. So I put chicken in the oven and I'll make the oysters too. I thought I would be my usual nice self and if he decides he'd like oysters he can have half and I'll have half the chicken. But now I'm thinking I should just have all the oysters to myself and let him suffer for his earlier rudeness making a face of disgust at me. What would you do?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    eat the fcking oysters, he's a big boy and can get his own
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So what do you think I should do. My partner has a passive aggressive streak. We saw oysters at the farmers market a while ago so we made a special trip to get a shucker. Today I brought home some oysters. But instead of being enthused, he made a face and said he'll watch me eat them. So I put chicken in the oven and I'll make the oysters too. I thought I would be my usual nice self and if he decides he'd like oysters he can have half and I'll have half the chicken. But now I'm thinking I should just have all the oysters to myself and let him suffer for his earlier rudeness making a face of disgust at me. What would you do?
    Eat those beautiful things!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast