Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving up on husband page 4

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Please, the OP is thinking about divorce and breaking up her family in the long run
    I saw it more as she can see the ill-health in store for him, and having to deal with that, not that she is thinking of divorce.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Also, if things are really awful, sometimes it makes sense to leave. I don't think that's what the OP is wanting, though. I see a woman who cares very much about her spouse and wants him to be healthy and with her for many years to come.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabine View Post
    I saw it more as she can see the ill-health in store for him, and having to deal with that, not that she is thinking of divorce.
    I think what she sees ahead of her is becoming a nursemaid rather than a partner and having to wipe his ass and help him ambulate.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think what she sees ahead of her is becoming a nursemaid rather than a partner and having to wipe his ass and help him ambulate.
    Yup. Perfectly legitimate reason to worry; it happens every day.

I'm really glad my wife and I are on the same page about health stuff. She has chronic health issues (mostly digestive and mostly stress-related it seems) but we're both working together to find solutions and she's willing to experiment whenever I find something I think might help her.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Please, the OP is thinking about divorce and breaking up her family in the long run
    Dude... all that baggage must be heavy.
    You might consider setting it down before you permanently damage your back or something...

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    or perhaps the OP realizes that no matter how much she stresses out over her sickly husband, she has to stop worrying about him and his health since he doesn't want to change his dietary habits

hmm? yeah?
    Yep. That sounds about right.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Picaro is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I'm really glad my wife and I are on the same page about health stuff. She has chronic health issues (mostly digestive and mostly stress-related it seems) but we're both working together to find solutions and she's willing to experiment whenever I find something I think might help her.
    I wish this was my story. Unfortunately I can empathise with the OP. My wife tends to be a fundamentalist low-fat zealot, who is overweight, unhealthy and tired all the time.
    We're in our 50's and I intend to spend my life at the top of the worlds mountains and trekking through its beauty. Ironically its my wifes sister that shares this with me, while my wife is at home reading a book.
    "Continue being a man and you will be excellent. Pussy will rain from the sky. " - Legbiter
    Couldn't resist immortalizing this quote.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    I wish this was my story. Unfortunately I can empathise with the OP. My wife tends to be a fundamentalist low-fat zealot, who is overweight, unhealthy and tired all the time.
    We're in our 50's and I intend to spend my life at the top of the worlds mountains and trekking through its beauty. Ironically its my wifes sister that shares this with me, while my wife is at home reading a book.
    Maybe you and I should swap. I want to spend my life at the top of the world's mountains and trekking through its beauty. And my old man is a low-fat zealot who cringes at the idea of steak but can't seem to put two-and-two together on the corn chips and ice cream.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    if we knew ahead of time what would happen do you think we would have chosen those partners?
    In my case, I would say yes.

The reality is that we are going to loose our loved ones -- one way or another. So, it's a risk to love them (or anyone). And, the heartache is just part of the deal.

If a person accepts that from the out-set, then it makes things a lot easier, IMO.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    kenn

a wise man once said that if all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail

what i'm trying to say is, i think you have some tunnel vision going on
    My thoughts, exactly, on that one.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Dude... all that baggage must be heavy.
    You might consider setting it down before you permanently damage your back or something...

Yep. That sounds about right.
    Ain't my baggage lass
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast