Thread: Giving up on husband page 3

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Kelmar... keep at it, you look hot.

Karo, share this ^ with your partner...
    I'll be back

not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmar View Post
    I am also dealing with the same thing....heart goes out to you! My husband has told me he is just "not that into me" anymore, because I have decided to live the way I want to live and be healthy....I don't like to sit around eating crap and watching TV all the time....I want to live...I guess it is what it is....
    wow. totally at a loss for words over that one

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I am also dealing with the same thing....heart goes out to you! My husband has told me he is just "not that into me" anymore, because I have decided to live the way I want to live and be healthy....I don't like to sit around eating crap and watching TV all the time....I want to live...I guess it is what it is....
    Wow...I am so sorry. Sometimes you do everything right and it still hurts. Don't quit!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    if we knew ahead of time what would happen do you think we would have chosen those partners?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Oh wow, that is so sad. I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    if we knew ahead of time what would happen do you think we would have chosen those partners?
    I suppose with every partner there's a chance that one day they'll say "I'm not that into you anymore." But as for how they can decide to stay sick and unhappy, I think this morning I have decided to be grateful for that. He serves as a reminder to me of where I was and how far I've come and where I'm not going to end up.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I look at it this way- none of us came quickly to the decision to change. And while now that we are changed, it's easy. (for some), but the changing wasn't easy.

I'm lucky- my husband will eat whatever I make him. But he has issues with alcohol. It's what will kill him. It's sad and the healthier I get, the more I stop caring and fall out of love with him. And watching him try and do anything to make me happy- except quit the drinking is sad. I can't judge him- he had to deal with my fat ass for YEARS as I was a sugar addict. But I find myself less willing to deal with him.

I don't know what to tell you, but its hard.

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Been there, had that, kicked it to the curb! Second time around, I found someone who didn't want to change me and that I didn't need to change. You have to do the things that are gonna make you the best you want to be and if someone doesn't want to ride along it's just a lighter load for you.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Grass is greener syndrome poor beta that is your husband he has my sympathy
    kenn

a wise man once said that if all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail

what i'm trying to say is, i think you have some tunnel vision going on
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    kenn

a wise man once said that if all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail

what i'm trying to say is, i think you have some tunnel vision going on
    Please, the OP is thinking about divorce and breaking up her family in the long run
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Please, the OP is thinking about divorce and breaking up her family in the long run
    or perhaps the OP realizes that no matter how much she stresses out over her sickly husband, she has to stop worrying about him and his health since he doesn't want to change his dietary habits

hmm? yeah?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast