Thread: Anti-inflammatory diets page

Lizzielou is offline Senior Member

Anti-inflammatory diets

Hi all

For the last month I've been consentrating my efforts into consuming as much anti-inflammatory foods as possible to reduce my scoliosis pain. I had been reading about so many people on Primal diets who have had wonderful success with pain reduction, so even though I'd been primal since March with no noticable difference I thought I'd double my efforts.

I've done a little reading about anti-inflammatory diets - most of which is primal stuff anyway, so I started taking fish oil supplements, green tea, tumeric, kelp, reduced my dairy intake significantly, and I'm trying to eat more berries (need to work on that). So far after a month, I've seen not much improvement at all. I still have chronic pain although I'd say its a little less than before (ie I'm not such a write off in the evenings anymore).

I'm wondering if there are other things I can do or include in my diet that I've missed. Has anyone else tried this type of eating with/without success? Do I need to just keep going for a bit longer, just be patient?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Remember, just as important as what you eat is what you're NOT eating. No grains, no industrial vegetable oils, etc.

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    I'm not sure diet will have anything but marginal effects on something like scoliosis. Its not a matter of inflammation that your bones are misaligned with each other. My sister had it and spent many years growing up in a body brace to correct it.
    http://www.theprimalprepper.com - preparing for life's worst while living for the best

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LizzieLou, have you gone into the archives ? If you put Scoliosis into the search tab it actually comes up with a heap of articles. I didn't read any, but they could be worthwhile having a flick through
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....