Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Endometriosis, Vitex, Birth Control page

Momto3 is offline Senior Member

Endometriosis, Vitex, Birth Control

Shop Now
    Hello there,
    I have been Primal for over 2 years now. I'm not sure where to start. But I will try to be brief.

Endometriosis diagnosed in 1996. Treated with hormones and pain gone or controlled up until 2 years ago. The adhesions were on my ovary and behind my uterus.

Since going primal my periods have been regular and symptoms much improved except that the pain of the adhesion behind my uterus has increased during bowel movements and sex. (man, I am embarassed that I am typing this out)

Anyway, regardless of being primal the pain was increasing so I went on hormone birth control to get my cycles to come every 3 months to help reduce the aggravation of the endometriosis. It was going ok for the first two months, but I missed a pill and have been having breakthrough bleeding for 12 days now. Plus I am experiencing major mood swings...especially rage. I am a stay at home mom of 3 young boys and I am flipping my lid WAY too much.

I don't know what my options are. I am trying to avoid surgery because the endo has likely gotten mixed up with my colon. The birth control doesn't seem like the ideal situation on even though the pain is now greatly reduced, but I don't know if I can take these mood swings and I want this bleeding to stop. My Dr says to give more time and keep taking the pill.

I thought about Vitex...but I don't know if it will help reduce the pain of the endo.....I think I need to stop bleeding so often so the endo is not aggravated.

Maybe just trying a different birth control?

Anyone have ideas, comments or experience?
    Favorite Mark Quote: "I train to play."

June 2010: 168.6 -size 16
    Current: 146.8 - size 10/12
    Goal:135 - size 8

My Journal

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    last year i started having very heavy periods and all sorts of hormonal issues. i got very anemic and was to the point of out of my mind many days.

i had an "enlarged uterus." was offered the option of an ablation or a mirena iud. the iud seemed less terrifying. the synthetic hormones wreaked havoc on my body and my moods. awful, awful dark time. i gained weight i couldn't lose, no matter what. crying jags that couldn't stop. some days i could not leave the house. did i mention it was awful? oh, and i still had painful swelling and periods.

after 10 months i had the doctor remove it. i lost 5 pounds overnight and felt immediately better. researching my symptoms, i decided to try dong quai -- female ginseng. have been on it for almost 2 months and within a week it was an absolute game changer. i am my happy self again, and the weight is finally coming off. almost all of the swelling in my abdomen is gone and my period have been normal.

get off the pill if it's making you krazee. try the vitex. i have thrown in the towel on cw cures for women's health.

good luck.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Vitex is pretty cheap on VitaminShoppe.com and Vitacost.com. I'd never heard of it before, but the reviews I'm reading make it sound reaaalllly appealing for my issues (I think I have low progesterone).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Grizz is offline Banned
    Ladies,

Female problems are all caused by severe iodine deficiency.

The following are all cured by iodine with required co-supplements.
    Fibromyalgia, Fibrocystic Breasts PCOS, Endo Cysts,
    Prostate Problems, Migraine Headaches, Depression, Fibroids

See these links to get started on your cure:
    If you are unable to read these links, then install the Google Chrome Browser There are known problems with Windows browser.
    * Testimonials from women here at Marks Daily Apple
    * Iodine deficiency symptoms
    * How to get started on the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol

@@namelsswonder
    At the base of all female hormones is the thyroid which is powered by iodine & the ovaries which are powered by iodine,. Iodine deficiency upsets the balance of all hormones in the body.

@@noodletoy,
    An iodine deficiency ALWAYS leads to swelling of one or more of the most affected glands.
    * Thyroid Gland = Goiter
    * Breasts = Fibrocystic Breast Disease
    * Swollen ovaries = PCOS
    * Swollen Uterus & Fibroids = Endometriosis & Fibroids
    * Swollen Prostate = Prostitis
    These glands swell in an attempt to grab what little iodine is in the bloodstream

@@momto3
    OMG ! Say NO WAY to surgery. ALL of your problems will be cleared up with the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. Women suffer from iodine deficiency far more than men. The tragedy is that the drug companies are trying to keep iodine a secret to promote the sale of expensive drugs. Your mood swings, cycle problems & pain are all iodine deficiency symptoms. Some great sites to visit:
    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/iodine/
    http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815&p=270

Best of health to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-28-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    That's a rather sweeping blanket statement. Iodine deficiencies might cause some issues, but not every single women's health issue is caused by the same thing.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    That's a rather sweeping blanket statement. Iodine deficiencies might cause some issues, but not every single women's health issue is caused by the same thing.
    Owly,
    I suggest you read the Testimonials from women right here at Marks Daily Apple before being so negative. No one said that every single case is cured by iodine. Just the vast majority. Also every woman is different, and some conditions take longer to cure than others. The fastest & easiest to cure with iodine is Fibrocystic Breast Disease, where pain is gone in days and the lumps & bumps are gone in just a few months.

Iodine is a requirement by every cell in our body, and especially required by female glands for good health. Study iodine in my research reports and you will find that everything I'm saying is true. You will discover that iodine does FAR MORE than cure female problems. It prevents most cancers, depression and much more.

I present the information you need on a silver platter. Take it or leave it. You cannot argue with the facts that I have presented.

I will be available to answer questions for a few days,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-28-2012 at 09:13 AM.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    I've had pretty much the same experience--going Primal has helped a lot, but I still have a sharp pain on my right side that is clearly related to my period (during and for a week after). OB/GYN offered me Lupron (a.k.a. premature menopause) but I refuse to touch hormones and opted for surgery instead. Get this though--I had the surgery a few weeks ago, and the doc found NOTHING. While I'm seriously glad that it didn't grow back (I had surgery 5 years ago, doc zapped out adhesions and endometriosis then), where is the pain coming from? I worry a bit that he didn't look deep enough, my pain seems to come from the right ovary area but also radiates down my inner thigh.

I will never, ever, ever touch artificial hormones again. I've done it all--various varieties of the pill, Nuvaring, Depo-Provera for many years, and the worst was the Mirena IUD. I switched to a copper (Paragard) IUD and after 2 years of loving it, the doc is saying that it might be the source of my pain, even though it appears to be seated correctly on ultrasound. :/ We are thinking about starting to try for one last child in the next few months anyway, so I guess I'll find out then if it was the IUD.

One question -- are you using tampons? I switched to a menstrual cup (Divacup) a few months ago, and that put a large dent in my pain during my period. I still have pain, but it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was still using tampons. I wonder sometimes if backflow is a culprit in endometriosis after all.

I know I wasn't really any help, sorry. I'd give Vitex a shot, heck, I'm going to try it too.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Dr. Buist Website:
    Iodine and human nutrition. How much iodine do we need? What are the best sources? What happens if we don't get enough iodine?

Iodine has been effective with hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions, goiter, fibrocystic breasts, uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, brain fog, constipation, obesity, diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, arrhythmias like atrial fibrillation, and detoxification issues (mercury, perchlorate, fluoride, bromide).

Iodine is in every cell in the body and is essential in pregnancy. It is found in high levels in the thyroid gland, breast, ovaries, prostate, liver, lung, heart, stomach, and adrenal glands.

There is currently a great deal of research on iodine and cancer, including cancer of the breast, colon, lungs, ovaries, pancreas, prostate, stomach, and thyroid.

Some doctors are now using iodine in the treatment of children with down syndrome as well as autism with positive results.

If you an an Iodine Researcher, you may be interested in our subgroup, IodineResearch: IodineResearch : IodineResearch

About the owner: I am a 12 yr thyroid cancer survivor saved by iodine. Treated with 3 rounds of RAI and still had registering Tg markers. In 2006 when my markers rose my endo recommended external beam radition. I sought the help of Dr. David Brownstein - one of the pioneers in iodine.
    Website here:
    iodine : Iodine
    Dr. Buist Guide to Iodine
    Download Latest version here:
    Iodine | Stepping Stones Living, LLC
    Iodine References here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Any questions?

Grizz

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Vitamin D is necessary, too, but even if Vitamin D deficiency is evidenced by depression, taking Vitamin D might not cure depression for everyone.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Dr. Buist Website:

Iodine References here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Any questions?

Grizz
    Do you have a uterus?

Were your menstrual or other specific women's health issues cured?

If not... this feels an awful lot like Spamming.
    You know SPAM, right...
    Where a person promotes things that are for another person/group.

Also... you din't present any actual "facts".
    Just a bunch of hyped up malarkey and a some links. SPAM.
    Last edited by cori93437; 09-28-2012 at 12:33 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast