Hello there,
I have been Primal for over 2 years now. I'm not sure where to start. But I will try to be brief.

Endometriosis diagnosed in 1996. Treated with hormones and pain gone or controlled up until 2 years ago. The adhesions were on my ovary and behind my uterus.

Since going primal my periods have been regular and symptoms much improved except that the pain of the adhesion behind my uterus has increased during bowel movements and sex. (man, I am embarassed that I am typing this out)

Anyway, regardless of being primal the pain was increasing so I went on hormone birth control to get my cycles to come every 3 months to help reduce the aggravation of the endometriosis. It was going ok for the first two months, but I missed a pill and have been having breakthrough bleeding for 12 days now. Plus I am experiencing major mood swings...especially rage. I am a stay at home mom of 3 young boys and I am flipping my lid WAY too much.

I don't know what my options are. I am trying to avoid surgery because the endo has likely gotten mixed up with my colon. The birth control doesn't seem like the ideal situation on even though the pain is now greatly reduced, but I don't know if I can take these mood swings and I want this bleeding to stop. My Dr says to give more time and keep taking the pill.

I thought about Vitex...but I don't know if it will help reduce the pain of the endo.....I think I need to stop bleeding so often so the endo is not aggravated.

Maybe just trying a different birth control?

Anyone have ideas, comments or experience?