Thread: Primal Diet and Kidney Stones page

sheddkat is offline Junior Member

Primal Diet and Kidney Stones

Hi, I am new to this site and new to the Primal lifestyle. I have been reading up on it for a while and am in the process of switching over (have been a vegetarian for 11 years so it will be a slow change in the meat department).
    I'm pretty confident this lifestyle will be great for me but I am worried about my boyfriend who also wants to switch. He as had uric acid kidney stones in the past, it happened twice, 2 years apart. He cut out almost all meat (except fish and occasional chicken or turkey) and now it has been 4 years since he has had any.
    For now we will stick with just fish, seafood, chicken and turkey (maybe one day I'll eat cow but never pigs).
    We also plan on keeping some dairy in our diet, high quality of course. With ingesting more animal protein, no grains, and less dairy is that safe for someone prone to uric acid kidney stones?

I'm still researching this, but any input would be great!
    Thanks,
    Kati

jamesh53 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I found this thread via Google and wanted to add that I am also very interested in the connection between kidney function and high protein diets like primal/paleo. Also, love your blog, Mark!