Thread: Fiber Question... (another one) BEAR WITH ME page

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member

Fiber Question... (another one) BEAR WITH ME

Primal Fuel
    I haven't seen this one asked around, so I hope i don't sound like a recording machine.

So i've been limiting vegetables these past few weeks due to some sudden pain i've been getting on my left side. I've noticed that everytime i get discomfort I have eaten vegetables like plain lettuce, boiled root vegetables, and sometimes tomatoes, which are mainly the only ones I eat, because i've also eliminated FODMAPS. But given that i don't add anything to the vegetables i have conclude that the fiber is doing something. So I've gotten accustomed to eating veeery little vegetables, the rest being meats, fish, eggs, and fats like butter.

OK, my question is, could this be part of a natural reaction of limiting fiber for a prolonged amount of time? Or could this mean that I need to get something checked out. Has anybody re-introduced primal sources of fiber after limiting them and gotten a similar reaction.

I've read the fiber menace but didn't find something that would answer my question.

Any advice or comment is very much appreciated.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Wait, so what your saying is that you have reintroduced vegetables and the pain has come back. You had eliminated these items and the pain went away and after reintroduction its returned right?

If that is the case I would wonder in what order you reintroduced which items.

Miscellangela is offline Senior Member
    It might not be the fiber, necessarily. I get that same pain when I eat oranges, even though I eat enough vegetables that my body's used to the fiber. I asked doctors what it could be, and they were all baffled. I just quit eating oranges, but i realize that would be difficult in your case because of the big variety that's causing you problems. I'm hoping for some interesting advice in this thread...sorry I don't have any of my own to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Wait, so what your saying is that you have reintroduced vegetables and the pain has come back. You had eliminated these items and the pain went away and after reintroduction its returned right?

If that is the case I would wonder in what order you reintroduced which items.
    Ok, the first time that I had horrible pain on my right* side I figured it was because of all the bacon I wwas eaten. After that time when I ate small bites of it I got pain on my left side. I then started getting dicomfort on my left side after I ate but didn't started really eliminating foods until I had horrible pains one night on my left side. I went to the doctor and he told i might have gallstones, although the x-ray didn't show it. Afterwards ans since I avoid grains, dairy and legumes, I feel something everytime I eat some vegetable in considerable quantites.

I two other times I've had very strong spam like pain on my left side, although I didn't go to the doctor for them, the first when i ate a lot of boiled root vegetables and the other one I was eating a salad. I can eat eggs, chicken, pork with the fat just fine and not feel anything. And I've eaten some not primal at all yuca fries like 3 or 4 and I don'feel as much discomfort as I do when I eat them plain. o.O

In all honestly I haven't like eliminated all vegetables for a log period of time, I think tops would be 2 days. But I know everytime I eat them i feel a reaction. Does that make sense, whatsoever?

Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    It might not be the fiber, necessarily. I get that same pain when I eat oranges, even though I eat enough vegetables that my body's used to the fiber.
    Now that you mention fruits I always get like puncture pain on my back when I eat bananas, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscellangela View Post
    even though I eat enough vegetables that my body's used to the fiber.
    This is sort of what I'm asking. Is it natural for the body to have a hard time functioning when you stop eating big quantities of fiber for a while? Do I just need to adapt my body to process more fiber?

Quote Originally Posted by HaroldStewar View Post
    so what your saying is that you have reintroduced vegetables and the pain has come back.
    Yep. And I say fiber because its what all vegetables have in common, right?