Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet with medical conditions... What to eat? page 2

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzisme View Post
    Edit: can anyone recommend a good way of cutting up the chicken skin before rendering? Tried partially freezing so I can cut it in strips, and even that gets painful if you try and do it in any quantity... Food processor doesn't work because the skin is too elastic and just catches the blade and then spins.
    Would it work better if you put them in the processor partially or fully frozen? I've done that with beef tallow to keep it from gumming up and turning to a paste.

Blizzisme is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Try:

Butter, tallow, lard, good quality olive oil, ghee... Can you get access to poultry fat (especially duck or goose)? Not to mention, she should get even more of her fats straight from fatty meats such as ground beef, lamb, and pork, beef brisket, pork belly, bacon, pork shoulder roast, lamb chops, ect.

All good sources of fats. Hopefully there's something in there that she can stomach. Good luck!
    Have goose, duck, and chicken all in my fridge right now (If you are in montreal, I got the duck and goose fat pre-rendered and the chicken skin/fat to make my own schmaltz at volailles fernando on Roy street). Have a full cow coming in in the next 2-3 weeks.

It took me a while to find a butcher who could supply me with decent meat fats, and even then I haven't found any who offer grass-fed beef suet or tallow yet. I am also not asking too many questions about the provenance of the chickens, geese, or ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    Would it work better if you put them in the processor partially or fully frozen? I've done that with beef tallow to keep it from gumming up and turning to a paste.
    I will try it tonight and let you know.
    I really don't want it turning to paste either, because the fried skin at the end is the best part.

fuzzylogic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzisme View Post
    So my sister is not well, and with the conditions she has Starch and Fructose are poison to her.

Trying to figure out what to recommend for her to eat, especially fat sources.
    Coconut oil doesn't work(she was in considerable distress the last time we tried that). Right now my list is at butter... and that is it.

Thoughts on what she could eat?
    So what conditions does she actually have?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylogic View Post
    So what conditions does she actually have?
    Ankylosing Spondylitis, Sjogren's, and Fructose Intolerance...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12