Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal crock pot recipes? page

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member

Primal crock pot recipes?

Shop Now
    Any good recipes out there for crock pots, good way to make something for the whole week.

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    I was gonna throw a roast in mine this morning. But forgot its still in the freezer, oops!
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Roast chicken
    Create a bed of aromatics (onion, garlic, carrot, celery, the like.) Liberally rub the bird with your choice of seasonings and nestle it breast down in the aromatics. (You don't hafta remove the giblets, but at least remove them from any packaging.) Cook on low until the bird's done (approx 6 hours for us.) For crispy skin, throw it under the broiler for a few minutes.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Wow, that sounds awesome!

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    PaleoPot Paleo Recipes For Your Crock Pot & Slow Cooker and My Paleo CrockPot. Googling and searching on this forum will turn up a ton more results, of course. Wishing I had a crockpot... : (

neowild is offline Member
    I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cooking. But the trick to staying Primal/paleo--at least concerning diet--is cooking your own food. So even if I go off the rails, I revert back to the mean with a huge pot that lasts a few days. So... what does it consist of?... meat, greens and starch.

I recently bought an Instant Pot (6.33L) and cooked a ~three pound GF shoulder roast with an onion, butter, bag of frozen collard greens and five diced sweet potatoes. I seasoned it with salt & pepper, and a splash of apple cider vinegar, to sweeten the greens. It came out perfect--like a stew. Although, I did cook it twice as long as recommended in the manual.

I normally cook on the stove with a 7 1/4 L pot that I'd add 4 lbs of GF ground beef, a package of bacon, two bags of frozen greens and a whole bag of peeled and diced potatoes (seasoned the same as above). It's usually pretty damn good. But sometimes I need to season a bit more.

Later today I'm going to use the Instant Pot to cook three pounds of GF ground beef, with an onion, half a package of Maverick bacon, kale, and frozen cassava. Hopefully it'll turn out as well as the roast.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Made awesome pulled pork yesterday --
    3-4lb shoulder roast
    8oz (1 cup) coffee
    A few jalapenos
    1 clove of garlic
    Salt & pepper

Rub the roast with salt and pepper, chop up the jalapenos and garlic, and put everything in the crock pot. Cook on low for like 9 hours or so... the meat will be fall-apart tender
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    These are two I've tried with great success:

Slow Cooker Grass Fed Beef Shanks & Cabbage Stew | Nom Nom Paleo

and

Tender Braised Brisket with Carmelized Onions and Tomatoes | Mark's Daily Apple
    (note: the recipe is for the oven, but he also gives instructions for slow cooker)

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    A lot of the recipes from A Year of Slow Cooking can be adapted to be paleo-friendly.. I think most are already gluten free. I love my crockpot.

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMama View Post
    These are two I've tried with great success:

Slow Cooker Grass Fed Beef Shanks & Cabbage Stew | Nom Nom Paleo

and

Tender Braised Brisket with Carmelized Onions and Tomatoes | Mark's Daily Apple
    (note: the recipe is for the oven, but he also gives instructions for slow cooker)
    most chili recipes can be easily modified for a crockpot too. Just leave out the beans (or not, I eat them on occassion and have not suffered much diet-wise because of them)
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast