Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to drop the last 3-5 lbs and I have an idea... page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I realise that for most this seems to be a weight loss forum, but have you considered that perhaps your body 'thinks' you are at your optimal weight right now?

Maybe your body is resisting your attempts at further weight loss because it wouldn't result in a healthier you?
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

otzi Guest
    Wanna try something cool, that works? Eat only potatoes or rice for 10 days. You will lose close to 1 pound a day while refilling your glycogen stores. Eat as much as you want, but you'll be lucky to eat 1000 calories worth. No other foods allowed. Salt, vinegar, spices, hot sauce, little ketchup OK. Butter - no, Olive oil - no.

I am just coming off a 10 day potato feed. I ate 25lbs in 10 days. You can fry them, boil them, roast, bake, or steam... Incredibly filling and once you get past the initial shock of 'how can I just eat potatoes for 10 days' phase, you will start to enjoy it. Hunger goes away.

The nutritional profile of white potatoes especially is very unique. They contain not only carbs but fat and protein as well. The protein comes from a full amino-acid spectrum.

Upon completion, you will have done several things. Refilled muscle/organ/brain glycogen with a clean carb source, enhanced gut micro-flora structure, increased leptin and glucose sensitivity, learned to eat only when truly hungry, and have time to reflect on why and what you eat.

Try it. You will see weight loss by day 2 guaranteed. No fats! No cheats!
    Last edited by otzi; 09-27-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Bron is offline Senior Member
    I'm at the same spot, just 2kg to lose. I've tried upping the carbs, all that did was result in me needing to eat more and I put on a bit of weight. So I've had a mindset change instead. I no longer need a flat tummy (the muscles underneath are pretty darned firm), I appreciate the slight bulge and even find it slightly sexy. Doesn't hurt that even after 4 babies, my tummy is still very smooth just like it was when I was in my 20s

I agree no one will be thinking you're overweight, except you People would tell me I was ill if I did lose that last bit, cos I look perfect now, with clothes on.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Wanna try something cool, that works? Eat only potatoes or rice for 10 days. You will lose close to 1 pound a day while refilling your glycogen stores. Eat as much as you want, but you'll be lucky to eat 1000 calories worth. No other foods allowed. Salt, vinegar, spices, hot sauce, little ketchup OK. Butter - no, Olive oil - no.

I am just coming off a 10 day potato feed. I ate 25lbs in 10 days. You can fry them, boil them, roast, bake, or steam... Incredibly filling and once you get past the initial shock of 'how can I just eat potatoes for 10 days' phase, you will start to enjoy it. Hunger goes away.
    maybe i will try this when i harvest my potatoes this autumn. i am 1/4 irish so it can be an experiment. my potatoes are all very old varieties so very different to the modern white ones tho. i do have a question. how can you fry potatoes if you cant have oil or butter?

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    that sounds absolutely horrible, a 100% carbohydrate diet. youd be better off doing it with butter
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I realise that for most this seems to be a weight loss forum, but have you considered that perhaps your body 'thinks' you are at your optimal weight right now?

Maybe your body is resisting your attempts at further weight loss because it wouldn't result in a healthier you?
    I certainly don't think I am overweight. I would like to get this belly fat off, though. It is new. I don't believe that to be optimal by any means.

I felt better a few pound lighter. Not just that my clothes fit better, but my body felt better. Less visceral fat around my belly.

I think if I ate normal meals every day... and didn't binge or pig out... I would be my optimal weight. Looking at my journal and being honest about my intake, I am really inconsistent. Eating far more chocolate than I was willing to admit and my journalling of nut butter eating probably didn't include the fact I ate 1/4 c of the stuff!

Little reality check I'm having today.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same boat right now. I'm not overweight but still have fairly significant amounts of stored body fat from obesity. After all my experiments and research, I've come to the conclusion that IF is the only way I'm going to get to the body fat % I want. 16hr fast/8 feed most every day. Somedays it's 20/4 or 18/6. The key is cardio while your doing IF and caffeine is a huge boost as well. I'm doing all of my training fasted now and my performance is through the roof. I don't eat for at least an hour afterwards. I did all that leptin reefed bullshit and that's a load of garbage. Carbohydrates are rapidly converted to body fat, so it actually works the other way. And as far as the 100% potato diet. They've done studies where people were on a 100% carbohydrate diet as well as being in a caloric deficit as low as starving levels. Amazingly they still gained weight
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I totally got the "fighting menopause" statement. Who wants to think they are old? I swear to you that on the inside I'm the same exact person I was at age 17. How can all those years have gone by? I'm the same person! And these days, I actually feel 17, when at age 17 I hardly felt so young and healthy. But the lack of a period is the most wonderful thing in the whole world. I'm so glad I had a hysterectomy when I was 39. Kept the ovaries so I'm still a normal woman, but I don't have to fight my period anymore thank god!!

P.S. I never had children but my little sister did and as soon as she's a grandmother I'm going to laugh my freaking head off at her and tease her until she cries. Ha! Take that you botoxed, cosmetic surgeried, electrolysis hair-removed, skinny chick who always got the boys when we were younger. I win! (I'm not really that mean or that jealous. I'm just kidding.)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=sbhikes;964412] But then look at how amazing she looks and how mediocre I look. QUOTE]
    yes paleobird does look amazing - but so do you !!!!!! You have made huge inroads, so no more of this negetive shit...OK....GOOD !
    and therein endith thisith lesson..ith
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I'm in the same boat right now. I'm not overweight but still have fairly significant amounts of stored body fat from obesity. After all my experiments and research, I've come to the conclusion that IF is the only way I'm going to get to the body fat % I want. 16hr fast/8 feed most every day. Somedays it's 20/4 or 18/6. The key is cardio while your doing IF and caffeine is a huge boost as well. I'm doing all of my training fasted now and my performance is through the roof. I don't eat for at least an hour afterwards. I did all that leptin reefed bullshit and that's a load of garbage. Carbohydrates are rapidly converted to body fat, so it actually works the other way. And as far as the 100% potato diet. They've done studies where people were on a 100% carbohydrate diet as well as being in a caloric deficit as low as starving levels. Amazingly they still gained weight
    Go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal, or any other nutrient calculator, and type in 'potato'. You'll quickly see that potatoes are not 100% carb. You would be the perfect guy to try this and report back. I can GUARANTEE you will lose weight eating potatoes as long as you eat no other source of protein or fat. Plan on doing 10 days, if you don't lose weight--which will be pure fat--by day 2, then stop, post that it didn't work, and I'll never mention it again. It works. Has to do with gut flora and the fact you are a fat-burner. With no fat intake and a clean starch which has it's own complete amino acid and fat source built-in, your body is instantly forced to burn it's own fat.

This is a perfect hack to use once or twice a year. If you gain 5-10lbs, do this potato-reset, and it will melt away. I'm not BS'ing. Try it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast