Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Australians - can anyone recommend a good quality fish oil page 2

peril is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    With fish the price it is here, you can understand why many people find fish oil the more affordable option.
    Really? Quality high fat fish can be had at modest prices. While I prefer to catch fish, I recently bought garfish at about $10/kg. Blue mackerel and even yellowtail scad are cheap. Just have to work out how to prepare it. There is a lot of prejudice against oily fish because they tend to be more strongly flavoured and are often used as bait. Try them as sashimi
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Peril, I don't know where you get your fish from, but you're lucky! There's no supplier anywhere sensibly near me that offers any fish I actually like at a decent price, so sadly I don't often have fresh fish.

And sashimi = *yeuuuccchhhh* as far as I'm concerned. Just can't do it.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    I use Thompson's Salmon oil. Also eat fish at least once a week.
    Cheapest place i have found it is here:
    Fish Oil Omega 3 Supplements | Salmon Oil 1000mg by Thompson Nutrition Limited

peril is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Peril, I don't know where you get your fish from, but you're lucky! There's no supplier anywhere sensibly near me that offers any fish I actually like at a decent price, so sadly I don't often have fresh fish.

And sashimi = *yeuuuccchhhh* as far as I'm concerned. Just can't do it.
    You need to reeducate your palate
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't recommend you get it from Woolworths. The other week I saw a huge shipment delivery of vitamins sitting in the midday sun in the loading dock for at least half an hour. I'm pretty sure that breached the "store in a cool dry place" instructions.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    You need to reeducate your palate
    Been trying to make myself like sashimi for the past 20 years. Aint. Gonna. Happen. And I'm not wasting any more time and money trying to convince my very determined palate to like something it just doesn't.
    I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.

Oscar Wilde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12