Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Try-ee. I tried it for 700 days and I don't quit. Worked. page 5

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    - To wear a bikini and not feel self-conscious
    So, yes, basically, we all want the same thing, but I was wrong to try to express it numerically.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Leida, I hope someday you can feel happy with your body.

Sbhikes, exactly. Feeling healthy, happy, and capable is my goal. I was okay with wearing a bikini 20 pounds ago. Yes, being leaner feels nice, but these days my priority is my physical and mental health.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Thank you. I am half way there - I like how I look dressed, particularly in certain gym get ups. It's the LGN/bathing suit part that I can't nail down for the life of me, and I love going to the pool

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    So, yes, basically, we all want the same thing, but I was wrong to try to express it numerically.
    Interesting you only noticed number 1 on my list. In fact, I may never feel un-self-conscious in a bikini and that's okay because all the other things on my list are about 100 times more important.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Dude, results! Nice job on the weight gain, I know you were pretty skinny before.
    Thanks! I'm proud to be the heaviest person from my friend group (that are not fat)
    Last edited by Gadsie; 09-28-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Billie trips balls

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Also, that's related to how one feels as well as how one looks. Some women feel comfortable in a bikini at 200 pounds, while others won't feel okay with it even at 100 pounds. Body image and self-consciousness is about more than just size or weight.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Interesting you only noticed number 1 on my list. In fact, I may never feel un-self-conscious in a bikini and that's okay because all the other things on my list are about 100 times more important.
    I just quoted the first line. The other things, I want too, apart from running a marathon. I have never ever in my life wanted to run a marathon. Even when I was CW and all pumped up about learning to run (OMG, I can run!).

Some women feel comfortable in a bikini at 200 pounds, while others won't feel okay with it even at 100 pounds. Body image and self-consciousness is about more than just size or weight.
    True. Still, feeling comfortable and having a true conviction that you LGN... there is a difference. I put on my bathing suit and walk into the pool/steam room. My thighs spreading around or the fat rolling over the band ain't gotta stop me from enjoying myself, no more than a swimming cap/goggles making me look like a dork would. I am not gonna go to the pool in a crappy bikini and full make up and with my hair arranged. But I know that I don't look good.

Kelmar is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Also, that's related to how one feels as well as how one looks. Some women feel comfortable in a bikini at 200 pounds, while others won't feel okay with it even at 100 pounds. Body image and self-consciousness is about more than just size or weight.
    +100....so very very true
    I treat my body like a temple.....to nourish the Goddess who lives inside

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    This.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    I try it 2 days a month and those are the only days I don't poo my pants. PRIMAL DOESN'T WORK.
    I love bathroom humour... seriously, I laughed outloud!
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast