Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Try-ee. I tried it for 700 days and I don't quit. Worked. page 4

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I gained almost 30 lbs (not much fat) and I poop 5 times a day. 'cause I eat so damn much but only getting stronger
    You're a kid, you're supposed to eat a lot.. My younger son was a swimmer, he almost ate us out of house and home.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    I'm so pissed off. All my zits are gone, I poop more regularly, my joints don't hurt anymore (I miss my cane!) - and what's worse, I get to eat TONS of bacon. It's awful, I have so much energy I annoy my coworkers. I hardly ever feel hungry unless I REALLY am, and all this fat-burning, lifting and sprinting has etched my body with definition and lines you'd see on models and statues. After 700 days, I would have thought this could be better. I mean, the first six months of figuring out what to eat, all the adjustments my body had to make to an ENTIRELY new way of eating were alright. I had the runs sometimes, and sometimes snacked on nuts to get by. But now that I've lost 45 pounds, look 5 years younger (at 30, that's saying a LOT), and live a better overall life, I just don't know what to say. I guess I'd advise anyone to give up and wuss out early, or you might feel amazing after your body has rebuilt itself.

Been at this over two years. It's legit. People drop likeflies around here for no apparent reason. Stick with it folks, give real food a chance. I know you'll miss living on pizza and twinkies at first. I did. Until about six months in, when my whole person just finally became saturated with nutrition and I felt stable. Now most baked goods actually seem like the sawdust they are. Yeah, I'll eat some free chocolates or a brownie here and there on occasion. But it's not enough to matter! I just stay healthy anyway.
    From a fellow PNWer, I concur...This has been the most significant change to my life ever. 46 years young, 45lbs lost, 7%bf and tearing the walls down!!! Food never tasted better, and sleep, play, and lifestyle change has been awesome. Keep it up KG...i remember when u started. Awesome job!!!
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    You should get one with a sword in it.
    Or one with a flute in it. I've always wanted a walking stick flute.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I gained almost 30 lbs (not much fat) and I poop 5 times a day. 'cause I eat so damn much but only getting stronger
    You are reminding me of my friend who is 6'5" tall. I hiked with him for a few days. never saw anybody eat so much food. He pooped about 5 times a day. Was skinny as a stick and strong as a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Okay, so what's the difference in 98% fat raw macadamia nuts and nitrate-loaded (or celery seed loaded with some natural 'sugar cane extract') bacon? If you eat nuts as food, not as an add-on, where the heck is the difference?
    I wish I could find a good chart online, but there's a good one in my Art and Science of Low Carb Performance showing the breakdown of different fats. All of them contain various amounts of saturated fat, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. Pork lard comes closest to human adipose tissue in the percentage of each. And since polyunsaturated can have varying amounts of O6 or O3, eating more nuts than actual fish or grass-fed meat is not going to get you the least inflammatory ratio of O3:O6.

Not all bacon is full of sugar and free glutamate, either. You can source decent bacon or make your own.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I was a "little" hungry the other day and ordered Maccas. It tasted like cardboard, I should've fasted... would've been way more satisfying at the end of the day.
    I'll be back

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I will eat pork fat once I can make it myself. I have not seen anything in the store that makes me comfortable with consuming it. I just don't feel good about it. I will try to eat drippings once I am done with this batch of macadamia nuts. They solidify in the fridge. Maybe they will feel like food?

(Sigh) if I eat like Zoebird/Owly I gain weight like crazy and get very hungry. Eating those crazy unnatural macros (>60% fat, <25 g carbs) make me feel full (though I am not sure if I am actually full? I have energy lows and my lifting suffer - am I full, or just feel no physical gnawing and hunger manifests itself through exhaustion?) I should be happy, but it makes me depressed and I feel like I am eating no food at all. I hope it is temporary, and over weeks I will stop feeling so low and start sleeping better? The classic Primal seems to be very hard on my system. I sometimes feel that I am build without the right parts or with extra parts. It is hard when people rave about how great they feel, and how weight just rolls off and how ripped they become and your best is: I am sticking to it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Oh yea! Thanks! I am six months in as of October 1. I have lost 25 lbs and overall health is improved but not as dramatically as I was hoping. I have weaker moments and last night had grits. I thought it would kill my blood sugar and just didn't care. Silly me. I woke up aching all over, can barely move, head stuffed up and heavy, etc etc...I had been fighting an illness of some sort all week and the grits just did me in. Have been sitting here having a mild pity party. I needed the reminder that it takes a while and to quit whining and get off my (less fat) ass and do something about it!

you rock!
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Honestly, this has been the best lifestyle/way of eating change that I have ever made. I am just wrapping up my fourth complete month of primal and I still cannot believe how easy it has been for me to lose the weight. I started June at 306 and as of this morning I am down 44 lbs. I was wearing a 46 pant and can now put on and button a pair of 38s. They are a bit snug but I can at least get them on. My energy level is through the roof and I do believe that is part of the my success at this, since I am more motivated to go do stuff then I used to be.
    Last edited by Chris_H; 09-28-2012 at 08:02 AM.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Leida, you and I have very different objectives. I am content to gradually settle in at 18-20% body fat (I'm at 20% by my current estimate), enjoy my food and feel like I have the performance I want physically and mentally along with good health. I am not striving for the 15% ultra-lean look that you want. For me, that would mean a trip back into disordered eating and obsession, and it's not worth it to me when I like my body and feel good now.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Leida is offline Senior Member
    "15% and ultra-lean" sounds so dramatic. Honestly, it's just not having the muffin top, & having a flat belly and the tight upper legs for me - the legs can be big, that's okay, just not flabby. I am so tired of the flab. I don't know how to quantify it. I can only look in the mirror and qualify. The inches and numbers on the scale don't seem to convey how one really looks. And I don't even see the point of the 'true' measurement; if they immerse me in that immersion device and tell me: "OMG, you have 15% BF", but my thighs are dribble, what does the number matter?

I have never experienced a feeling of lean, fit, muscular body, as opposite to an "Looks Okay in clothes/Looks OKay for someone her age/who had a child/some other qualifier" body, and I really want to before I die. I want to look obviously and unequivocally buff, that's all.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Leida, you and I have very different objectives. I am content to gradually settle in at 18-20% body fat (I'm at 20% by my current estimate), enjoy my food and feel like I have the performance I want physically and mentally along with good health. I am not striving for the 15% ultra-lean look that you want. For me, that would mean a trip back into disordered eating and obsession, and it's not worth it to me when I like my body and feel good now.
    Exactly, me too. I have no desire to even know what my real body fat percentage is. It means nothing to me. I post a number in my signature based on an online form. Is it accurate? I haven't a clue and I don't even care.

What I want is:

- To wear a bikini and not feel self-conscious
    - To be strong, to be able to run an ultra marathon, to be able to hike up any mountain
    - To be full of energy and vitality and happiness, now and into my old age
    - To not feel hungry all the time unless I want to
    - To eat real, satisfying food and not have to fret over what it will do to my weight, to not count calories
    - To not get a sunburn, to not feel so fragile in the weather
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast