Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Try-ee. I tried it for 700 days and I don't quit. Worked. page 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Ha... That "Retiree" thread was such a FAIL...
    The "Try-ee" Was a bit of a stretch for me though. LOL

I agree with all you've got there Knife...

I've not exactly had "the easy road" here by any means.
    I have serious medical issues.
    And I think that sometimes there are people here who push things on the board a little one-sided/narrow minded.
    "High carb", LC, VLC, ZeroCarb, whatever...

The truth is that eating healthy clean foods is the premium #1 IMPORTANCE...
    Then you have to find what works for YOU re: weightloss, muscle gain, etc.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Great OP. Primal is not a magic bullet. It requires tenacity and discipline (at least to begin with), plus a fair bit of n=1 tinkering for many.

And with all that, the results speak for themselves.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Cori! Stop making sense! You might convince people to be nice to each other and then where would we be?
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Okay, so what's the difference in 98% fat raw macadamia nuts and nitrate-loaded (or celery seed loaded with some natural 'sugar cane extract') bacon? If you eat nuts as food, not as an add-on, where the heck is the difference?
    Plant fat and protein are a lot different than animal fat and protein. In my N=1, 1000 calories of macadamia nuts leaves me bloated and unsatisfied, while unable to eat anything else for a long time. 1000 calories of bacon leaves me full, but very satisfied - for about 15 hours! We're talking extremes here, and clearly macadamia nuts and bacon both beat SAD options like a Little Caesar's pizza! Maybe you really do tolerate nuts very well, but for many - and I think most - they contribute to bloat and revv up the appetite while doing little (less than other options) to provide for the body. But it took me MONTHS to figure that out for myself!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    My other option is butter or coconut oil ??? I feel like I am actually eating when I eat nuts. I don't feel like I have eaten after butter, oil or bacon. I dunno, I feel like I hardly eat anything, and nothing that tastes remotely good any more. I can't even eat meat any more because it causes protein to spike and I can't fit it into calories with enough fats. It's eggs, and nuts, and coconut something. And a bit of cabbage. What food do you eat apart from bacon?
    Last edited by Leida; 09-27-2012 at 02:30 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Well, yeah! If you've got the body you want, the labs look good, and the nutrition on the whole adds up pretty well - do what works! I'd imagine a higher CRP on a nut-fed person, but that's just supposition.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I don't really eat bacon. Maybe 1x a week, max? It's a good natural, nitrate free bacon, too.

By volume, I mostly eat veggies. I make a simple dressing of olive oil and mustard (i use a whole seed mustard that has a bit of vinegar in it). That gets me a fair amount of fat.

Then, I consume eggs. I eat about 3-5 eggs a day depending upon the day.

Then, I consume meat. It's not really that much. Anywhere between 4-10 oz on a given day. Usually fish or beef, sometimes chicken. We also make bone broth and I consume that. About 1/2 cup a day.

Then, I consume fruit. About two servings.

Finally, I consume butter (used to fry eggs), nuts, or chocolate. I don't eat nuts, chocolate, or butter every day. And sometimes it alternates days. Like, yesterday, I had chocolate. The day before I had nuts. The day before that I'd had butter. Sometimes I have all three in one day. But, it's definitely small amounts (hand full of nuts, 25 g chocolate, 2 'pats' of butter).

And then outside of this, there is the very occasional dining out and thereby having rice (or rice noodles), or having cookies, cake, muffin, scone, or ice cream (well, gelato). The rice is more frequent -- maybe once a month? and the others are more . . . quarterly. I tend to go through a week each quarter where I'll eat a lot of non-primal things -- cakes, muffins, scones, etc -- then I feel terrible and am bloated and stuff, and then within a week of being back on primal 100%, I feel good again.

Anyway, that's me. That's what I eat.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, we even eat the same way.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I try it 2 days a month and those are the only days I don't poo my pants. PRIMAL DOESN'T WORK.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Having LOTS of energy is pissing off all my coworkers.
    I find that I'm working through a knotty problem with someone at work, when suddenly they need to break for lunch or something.

Weaklings.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 09-27-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast