Thread: new to forum but not new to primal or blog page

tamizami is offline Junior Member

new to forum but not new to primal or blog

Shop Now
    hi everyone, i just joined the forum a couple of days ago and started on PB in jan when my friend suzan told me about it but i've been reading the blog for quite awhile - and using recipes, etc. answers to intro questions below. nice to be here with other PBers! answers to other intro questions below.
    cheers, tami

Your location: manhattan beach, ca

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: fairly strict primal except i have started on dairy, but only goats milk yogurt and goat cheese for the most part. i try to get my goat products from rawesome in venice so they aren't pasturized. they have great stuff for primal folks, i'm trying to build up my nerve to eat the bison burger (raw?).....i have never eaten bison and i'm not very fond of ground meat in general. but i digress....

Do you consume dairy: yes, goat only and rarely buffalo mozz, romano or parmesan cheeses in very small amounts. i sometimes cook with ghee, also.

Do you drink coffee or tea: brewed iced tea only with basil or mint.

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and losing those last 10 pounds.

Favorite exercise: yoga

Favorite Primal food: coconut and meat. proscuitto from applegate farms - no nitrates or nitrites. also love their organic, uncured bacon. also, a good, local, grass-fed grass-finished rib eye.

Best part about being Primal: feeling great, losing weight without trying or counting or measuring, eating when i want/need to.

Worst part about being Primal: prep work of veggies.....i have decided i need to buy my lettuce bagged instead of farmers market, it takes too long to clean and dry!

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum, my friend! I also love Applegate proscuitto! I sometimes eat it with Pecorino Romano cheese (sheep's milk) Please join us at the Primal Pets group, and the Primal women group, too.

beckinwolf is offline Member
    Hi Tami! Welcome and see you around the forum. Becky (owned by Micky)
    Carpe Diem!

tamizami is offline Junior Member
    hiya becky and suzan! i am getting familiar with the forum right now, just joined the primal pets group and will look for the primal women group as well. nice to see you guys over here!

how is primal going for you becky? btw, i LOVE that noatmeal recipe you posted on SM awhile ago, i make a batch every weekend that usually lasts for 3 breakfasts during the week. instead of using cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger i use 1/4 cup shredded coconut and 2T of cocoa powder....YUMMY!!!

beckinwolf is offline Member
    I'm slowly learning about Primal. I keep experimenting with various recipes, and keep on doing more research. I haven't really lost any weight yet, but I have lost fat. I'm sure of it. I barely have any love handles left!
    Carpe Diem!