Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I *was" on Prilosec for years.... but now, in just 3 DAYS page

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member

I *was" on Prilosec for years.... but now, in just 3 DAYS

Primal Fuel
    My heartburn symptoms have gone away. Yep, I started on eating primal on Monday, and around 6PM Tuesday I remembered that I had not taken a Prilosec yet, and strangely enough, I didn't feel the need to, so I didn't... and now, it is almost 11PM Wednesday, and still no Prilosec. Please tell it will stay this way!
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it will stay away unless you eat garbage.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    My daughter claims that eating wheat gives her heartburn. Maybe she's actually onto something? (She's only 10 so I have no idea... but she DOES say she's going to be primal now for the rest of her life!).

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    Awesome!!!!

I had really bad acid reflux and it got a bit better when I tried gluten free but it didn't go entirely away until I went grain free. I even got back on the sugar wagon for a year and it didn't come back. As long as I wasn't eating grains I could have tomatoes (even V-8) and chocolate and all those things they tell you not to have when you have heartburn. And no need for the Nexium I was prescribed

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I wish my boyfriend could watch your progress. He is an older guy, 62, and while he isn't very fat, he does have so many other problems that could be fixed so much better than through all those pills. I cheer you on and hope you inspire more and more people so that eventually there will be a sea of healthy people all around us everywhere, all experiencing these miracle cures to their former ill health through a healthy, simple diet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    My heartburn went away and stayed away UNTIL I eat wheat or crap food. Heartburn, when you haven't had it for a while, is awful. SO GLAD that you are having positive experiences!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

WIChuck is offline Member
    One of the biggest advantages of low carb and paleo eating for me has always been the end of acid reflux. I'm always amazed how a day where I eat processed sugars and breads will lead to a night where I need some Tums or a glass of bi-carb. When people wonder how I can live without bread, pasta and cakes, this is one of the reasons I give.

I spent years taking Pepcid and recently threw out several expired boxes I no longer needed.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Yay for you PP.

Maybe you should keep a journal of all of this so you can submit yourself as a success story in 6 months? (I'd leave out the cutting of your hand).
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Jena is offline Senior Member
    I would only occasionally get acid reflux in the middle of the night. I had heartburn a little more often. I always felt like my stomach was a little swollen or bloated though. I have not had ANY of these problems since going primal 4.5 months ago. If you stick with it I am pretty sure you'll be able to ditch the Prilosec permanently
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Primal Papa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yay for you PP.

Maybe you should keep a journal of all of this so you can submit yourself as a success story in 6 months? (I'd leave out the cutting of your hand).
    Me too.... tho it is healing well, but is still hurts a ton when you bang it.

We shall see about a success story..... that would REALLY be something for "me"...... It would be nice to be successful.
    Start Date 9.24.12
    Starting weight 285ish ( scale is acting funny so I don't trust it, but 285 is close )
    CW - 271 pounds
    First Goal - 255 by 2013
    Main Goal - To be healthy for my family... I have an awesome family.
    Other Goal - to get off some medications
    Final goal - to get to about 180 pounds by 2014
    NEW GOAL - When I can start a new journal called "Your dad is not so fat!"

Your Dad is So Fat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast