Thread: difficulty figuiring some carb/fats/protein/calorie things out page

CDC
    CDC is offline Member

difficulty figuiring some carb/fats/protein/calorie things out

Shop Now
    This is my first post..great site , have been on reading a lot and still a little confused

so i figured my bmr with 3-5 days of exercise to be 2749 calories--i do crossfit 2-3 x /wk , play basket ball 1 x and am on feet at work all day moving around(walking slowly)

body fat is about 14%

weight is 176lbs, so 151 lbs of lean body mass..

so 151x .7----105 g protein x 4== 422calories
    100 g carbs x 4 ===400 calories

rest has to come from fat? even if i eat 100 g of fat x 9==900 calories

still only around 1800, that is a 1000 below bmr..

i am trying to lose some body fat around mid section--do these numbers seem correct...also having a hard time getting to that much fat ...is an apple with almond butter ok before bed

any help would be great..thank you

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDC View Post
    This is my first post..great site , have been on reading a lot and still a little confused

so i figured my bmr with 3-5 days of exercise to be 2749 calories--i do crossfit 2-3 x /wk , play basket ball 1 x and am on feet at work all day moving around(walking slowly)

body fat is about 14%

weight is 176lbs, so 151 lbs of lean body mass..

so 151x .7----105 g protein x 4== 422calories
    100 g carbs x 4 ===400 calories

rest has to come from fat? even if i eat 100 g of fat x 9==900 calories

still only around 1800, that is a 1000 below bmr..

i am trying to lose some body fat around mid section--do these numbers seem correct...also having a hard time getting to that much fat ...is an apple with almond butter ok before bed

any help would be great..thank you
    Eat fatty meat and you get about 3 to 1 fat to protein by calories. That gets you about 1300 calories right there....cream in your coffee? another hundred...butter on your veggies another 200....butter in that post work out tater...another 200 ....you get it. And since your CFing and working so hard you may even bump up to 1g of protein/lb of lean mass and everything gets even easier to get calories in.

CDC
    CDC is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Eat fatty meat and you get about 3 to 1 fat to protein by calories. That gets you about 1300 calories right there....cream in your coffee? another hundred...butter on your veggies another 200....butter in that post work out tater...another 200 ....you get it. And since your CFing and working so hard you may even bump up to 1g of protein/lb of lean mass and everything gets even easier to get calories in.
    Fatty meats? I eat mostly grass fed beef and free range chicken , butter instead of coconut oil? Usually eat fruit after workout for fast release carbs not potatoes

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    i only eat 1500-1600 cals per day and of those around 900 are fat cals. it's not hard to do once you get the hang of it. breakfast was broth with 2 tablespoons of butter, seaweed and an egg. there was tallow with the broth. that was 300 fat cals just right there.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway