Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter Cravings?! page

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member

Peanut Butter Cravings?!

I have never been a fan of peanut butter. I could take it or leave it. But since I've cut out grains, going low carb, and way way down on my sugar.... I have peanut butter cravings! Not like oh I kinda want a pb sandwich. Like wanna eat it out of the container with a spoon!

What is up? Is my body just liking different things now? Or am I just weird?
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I was a huge fan of PB, and I doubt I would have stuck with this lifestyle if I hadn't had just a little on celery during those first weeks in. I have always had to make DH either a PB&J sandwich, PB toast or PB on graham crackers. Still do it daily but it doesn't faze me at all. Every now and then I'll lick the knife and really savor it, but it's a tiny amt so I don't worry. All this to say, if it's really bugging you and you are craving it, have a little, just don't have much or often... Pretty soon the craving will subside.

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    I just find it odd that I crave something I have never loved.
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Try some almond or macadamia nut butter on apple slices and see if that'll kill it.
    Your brain may be just craving comfort food, salty/sweet, rich and oily, protein..

Paleobird Guest
    A lot of commercial pbs have a lot of sugar added like Skippy and Jif. Was that what you were used to? If so, you may be craving the sugar.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    There is a big recall on many nut butters including Trader Joe's & Sprouts at the moment... Just an FYI.

I usually can't STAND peanut butter but craved it 2 weeks ago. Not sure why but I'm over it now. I guessed that my body needed more fat & protein, but who knows..?

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    If you find a cure let me know! If I were stranded on a desert island and could bring only 5 foods you bet PB would be one of them.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Anna, I know *exactly* what you're talking about. I've never been a "peanut butter person", either; but literally within a day or two of beginning to fast, I started getting these intense cravings for nut candy, of all things -- peanut butter chews, sesame crunch, almond nougat. It's odd, because I've been eating semi-paleo for years, and literally (before that) never got any kind of cravings, least of all for sweets. But I'll admit that those cravings were strong enough that I did buy some individually-wrapped bite-sized nut treats; once in awhile I'll have one, and all is good now... It feels nice to have a bite or two of something naughty on occasion if I *really* want it. Still have the original package I purchased 1.5 years ago.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    I've experienced this too, and it's always there no matter how much almond butter and sunbutter I choke down.

My theory: PB was a big part of my childhood, and the cravings usually do coincide with stress and negative emotions.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

jasondubou is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'll lick the knife and really savor it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast