Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peanut Butter Cravings?! page 2

tailypoe3 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    I binged on nut butters and strawberry jelly when I first started cutting sweets to deal with cravings...with a spoon.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    I think it's never really proved that the body's cravings make sense. You always hear people say "craving chocolate? You need magnesium!" but I actually think cravings are all mental which turns physical because you were thinking about it. Unless you're actually physically addicted to something like cigarettes or sugar
    Billie trips balls

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    My supermarket has 1 oz. packets of no-crap-added peanut butter (sorry, don't remember the brand). I buy one of these overpriced little fellas when I really need a peanut butter fix, because I know for a fact that I'll eat the entire contents of whatever container I bring home.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It is a very common craving, for nuts, when you eliminate crabs and sweets. I remember times when I could eat 1/4 cup of peanut butter a day and want more on Anabolic diet. I have maybe a tbsp a day nowadays (organic, nothing added). I know it is technically a legume, but whatever is said about peanuts can be said about nuts as well, so I just said 'whatever' and if they revoke my Primal membership card for it... bah.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for all the replies! Yeah, I was a big carb fan. Like mac and cheese with a side of bread. And a cupcake from the bakery everyday kinda girl. I'm actually doing really good with those cravings. Its just that darn pb that has snuck up on me.
    "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" - William Shakespeare

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post964333 (My journal)

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    It is a very common craving, for nuts, when you eliminate crabs and sweets. I remember times when I could eat 1/4 cup of peanut butter a day and want more on Anabolic diet. I have maybe a tbsp a day nowadays (organic, nothing added). I know it is technically a legume, but whatever is said about peanuts can be said about nuts as well, so I just said 'whatever' and if they revoke my Primal membership card for it... bah.
    I never (hardly ever) ate nut butters before embarking on this journey, but I guess since doing away with all the other stuff, I found comfort in nut butters. I measure out 1 or 2 TBL, otherwise I would eat the whole thing. When I stall, I think I should cut it, but sometimes it just seems like there will be nothing left. I know that is not true, but that is what it feels like. Same with yogurt. I want to try to cut it out and see what happens, but my almost daily endulgence is yogurt with nut butter, and either berries or banana (sometimes only half) I think this is what has saved me, and kept me away from the cookies and pies and cakes, and homemade breads and cinnamon rolls. Must.stop.typing about such things!

Anyways, it seems as though my day just isnt complete until I eat it. I try not to because it is where the bulk of my daily carbs comes from, but then I just eat everything else but am just not happy until I eat it. Sometimes I think if I would start my day with that, I wouldn't need anything else and I would be happy all the rest of the day.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I once ate an entire tub, while driving, with no spoon, in about 10 minutes flat. THAT was a hell of a craving. I seem to be over it now thankfully.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

DOODitsglory is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    I once ate an entire tub, while driving, with no spoon, in about 10 minutes flat. THAT was a hell of a craving. I seem to be over it now thankfully.
    Oh my! How did you not choke?!?

I was having really bad peanut butter cravings myself.Kept telling myself i was going to NOT buy more when i went to the store was alas it made it's way into my cart.What i started doing was making fat bombs with coconut oil and peanut butter that way i got the peanut butter craving fix but also got good MCT's.It also makes me full because of the good fats so i can't gorge myself on them.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Anyways, it seems as though my day just isnt complete until I eat it. I try not to because it is where the bulk of my daily carbs comes from, but then I just eat everything else but am just not happy until I eat it. Sometimes I think if I would start my day with that, I wouldn't need anything else and I would be happy all the rest of the day.
    My favorite breakfast is about 2 oz of raw macadamia nuts with coffee. Once you make nuts into a meal, they stop being a snack... I find it helps. I actually had a tbsp of peanut butter this morning when I was icing the mini-cheesecakes. The result? Ate a tbsp of peanut butter and did not eat any cheescakes or icing.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    If you have a craving for something take care of it. No need to torture yourself of something that will not harm you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast