Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do antinutrients protect grains? page 3

KathyH is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post

Because it is called a forum and people answer questions
    The hull is inedible according to Livestromg even with the hull removed they need to be soaked before being eaten. Not the best source I know but since they are pro grains I would believe them in this case. And from Is it healthy to eat raw grain soaked in water overnight? seems to confirm they will pretty much make everyone sick unless you have an industrial digestive tract
    Essential they are undigestible raw with the hulls on whether they make you sick or not.
    Thanks for the derail

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyH View Post
    Thanks for the derail
    Huh? The two links help address the OP original question. EDIT And your question.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 09-27-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Huh? The two links help address the OP original question.
    HUH? You quoted me not the OP

Paleobird Guest
    Not sure why you quoted me as the question was to Paleobird whether raw wheat makes her sick or whether she is claiming that the entire population of humans will get very sick. Nowhere it was mentioned about digesting raw wheat efficiently.
    Because I've been busy taking care of my Dad in the hospital the past two days. Bosnic said exactly what I would have, had I been available.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Because I've been busy taking care of my Dad in the hospital the past two days. Bosnic said exactly what I would have, had I been available.
    Don't say that you will be accused of derailing the thread...lol

Hope your Dad is ok.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 09-28-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    So does it make you sick or it will make the entire population of human beings sick? Bosnic didn't say

So does it make you sick or it will make the entire population of human beings sick? Bosnic didn't say
    LOL you are too much answered in the post where you claimed I was derailing - face meet palm.
    Last edited by Dirlot; 09-29-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    Growing up on the farm we would eat raw wheat, oats barley with no side effects. Fresh off the stalk it was chewy tender sort of like pasta that was 30 seconds away from el dente. After sitting in the grainery for a while it got very hard

Mind you, we didn't make a meal of it. In the 60's and 70's I recall 'hippies' soaking and cooking whole wheat berries. I think they even served it at mother earth news eco village restaurants in north carolina.

Greenbean is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    Growing up on the farm we would eat raw wheat, oats barley with no side effects. Fresh off the stalk it was chewy tender sort of like pasta that was 30 seconds away from el dente. After sitting in the grainery for a while it got very hard

Mind you, we didn't make a meal of it. In the 60's and 70's I recall 'hippies' soaking and cooking whole wheat berries. I think they even served it at mother earth news eco village restaurants in north carolina.
    Thank you, twa2w. This gives me more to think about (I'm the OP). I didn't know it was possible to eat raw wheat off the stalk. Are there any animals that eat wheat "in the wild"? I know it's not good for cattle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123