Thread: How do I know when chicken broth is nixed nutritionally? page

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member

How do I know when chicken broth is nixed nutritionally?

I've been making chicken broth off of 1 sloppily de-meated chicken carcass, some carrots and onions for the past 4 days (continuously) in a little crock-pot. Every 24-hours or so I've drained the broth into jars, put my chicken and veggies back in the pot, and filled 'er back up with water and a bit of ACV and salt.

When do I stop and either add more/different bones and veg or just stop entirely? My broth has been turning darker and darker shades of brown.

Thanks!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    are the bones soft? i use a stockpot and cook the bones til they are soft. i use backs, heads and feet.

i'm thinking after 2 rounds your bones were pretty much toast for extraction. same carrots and onions? eesh. they were all used up in the first go. seriously, this stuff is all krazee cheap.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway