Without going into too much of a long and boring story, I have been Paleo for about a year and a half. Over the summer, I seem to have reverted about half-way back to my old habits. I am trying to get back on track.

I have had surgery on my left shoulder, I have a bone spur in my right shoulder and have a slight tear in cartilage in my hip (surgery not necessary at this point). And no! I am not 80! I am only 42!

So, my question is this: Has anyone else with joint issues found a successful exercise plan? I would love to hear any and all advice! I do a lot of power walking--running is out of the question. I tried pullups/chin ups last week--they are just too hard on the shoulders. Squats and plank have been okay.

I'm trying to figure out how to get more fit with lower-impact and almost basic exercises. I belong to a gym, have exercise equipment in my basement and I'll join the YMCA if swimming is reccomended! I used to do lots of spin classes, lots of weights, etc. I worked out with a trainer twice a week for the past 3 years, but the trainers at my current gym just aren't knowledgeable enough about my joint issues. I am trying to figure out this new way of looking at exercise while working around my joint issues. Thanks so much!