Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D'oh! Appliances page

primalpatty is offline Senior Member

D'oh! Appliances

Primal Fuel
    I was giving my kitchen its weekly deep wipedown, muttering my weekly complaint about lack of counter space, when I noticed that I was cleaning my... TOASTER. Anybody have any primal ideas for this thing before I tuck it away?

Annika is offline Senior Member
    Less than a year before going primal, I bought a high-end bread machine and started making all my own bread (well, having my machine make it for me). Now it languishes in the pantry. I wish I'd spent my money on something else!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    indeed. I gave away my ricecooker shortly after going primal. I used that thing everyday making "healthy whole grains" as a vegetarian

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I only use my toaster when I have bread-eating visitors now. However, it's a cute retro toaster that goes well in my 1920s kitchen, so I keep it out on the counter. The space it takes between the stove and the coffee-maker is too far back for me to use anyway.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I got rid of my toaster and my microwave. The toaster oven is still in the cupboard. For the life of me I don't know why.

Molecular Grokologist is offline Senior Member
    Already-made leftover banana pancakes toast up nicely. I'm sure they're not the only thing. I just toast them on a skillet, though.
    Give me liberty. Exploration of other options will be vigorously discouraged.

Wondering something sciencey? Ask me in my Ask a Biochemist Thread

theotherkim is offline Junior Member
    The ability to downsize was a definitely one of the many perks of going "primal." We were able to ditch our toaster, microwave, bread maker and Kitchenaid pasta maker attachment.

I'm a little embarrassed that we had those last two to begin with.

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    Oh, crap, I forgot all about the rice cooker...I LOVED that thing! I used to put my oatmeal in it the night before and set the timer, and tell it what time I wanted breakfast to be ready for me. If I was late for breakfast it would keep it perfectly warm for me until I was ready to eat. If I miss anything about pre-primal, it's that rice cooker. My life will be fulfilled when they invent an appliance that can have bacon and eggs cooked and ready to go at a preset time.

Don't know how y'all can live without a microwave. I am absolutely convinced that Grok would have used one if they weren't so big and heavy.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member
    we sold our toaster-oven.
    But sometimes I wish we hadn't because it would be nice for small things like roasting garlic or beets without having to heat up the whole big oven.
    But then again, it took up a lot of counter space...

But a slots-in-the-top-for-bread toaster? Craigslist for sure!
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Repicheep is offline Member
    Out of a backpack, but Paris, France/Colorado

Unhappy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    What!! You guys are giving away the rice cooker?!

Seriously. Gah.

You can use that for all KINDS of things, not just rice. At the beginning of the year, I was cooking everything in my rice cooker--soups, stews, chicken, other meat, steamed veggies (if you have a steamer attachment for the top), eggs, etc etc.

Then it died.

Now I'm sad. And even sadder that you gave a perfectly good rice cooker away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast