Thread: Blood work - help me make sense please page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

Blood work - help me make sense please

Shop Now
    Posting on behalf of a friend who came to the paleo/primal world 3 or 4 months ago. In his wisdom he had blood work done right at the start and has now got results to compare against. He's understanbably very curious to know where things sit so any nfo you can give would be great.

So:

Before - 8th June

Serum tri - 2.21
    Serum cholesterol - 5.86
    Serum HDL - 0.93
    Serum LDL - 3.94
    Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio - 6.30

After - 18th Sept

Serum tri - 1.77
    Serum cholesterol - 5.44
    Serum HDL - 1.12
    Serum LDL - 3.52
    Serum cholesterol/HDL ratio - 4.86
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Increase in HDL, decrease in LDL and Triglycerides. All are very good markers. We use a different scale in the US, so I don't know exactly what those numbers break down to. But they appear to be trending in the right direction. Some people will tell you cholesterol numbers mean nothing, but it appears to me that whatever was causing the elevated numbers in the beginning is being healed.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    He is doing much better but still has a way to go I think. Easiest to convert to the US standard for comparison though.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

peril is offline Senior Member
    HDL trending up but can be improved - aim for 1.5 with 2.0 as a stretch target
    Trig trending down but can be improved - aim for 0.8 with 0.5 as a stretch target

Ignore the rest
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine