Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monsanto Strikes Again page 2

Moll is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

It's pink slime. It's bgh. It's GMOs. I don't care if people want to eat what I consider garbage. I just want it labelled.
    Yup. Unfortunately, only the people who KNOW that it's garbage care about it being labeled. That's why the corporations are so desperate to NOT have labeling - more people knowing their food is actually made out of garbage won't be good for profits.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Another reason to cut these big companies out of your own personal food chain. Plus vote for prop 37 if you live in California.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    just another reason to be glad that WalMart doesn't exist in NYC....

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I've been buying everything from walmart because its cheap and right down the street. I switching back to publix even tough its about a fifteen minute drive. Their meat is fresher anyways. I get all my milk and eggs from farmers
    Are you sure? My personal observation is that WM (the groceries that is) is not as cheap as they want people to believe. Personally I shop at Kroger a lot which I find cheaper and the quality is way better. I've also heard that Walmart does funny things with their meats. Like adding some chemicals to preserve it longer or whatever.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I'm sure you could google this and find plenty on it. They aren't meant for human consumption and they GM so they have resistance to the poisonous pesticides sprayed on them.
    Not just pesticides~ Round-up too. They've been growing Round-up Ready® grains for about 20 years now.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    I doubt it since the EU is so strict on GM foods. I'd also like to see some research that GM foods are harmful, or even better that this particular strain is.
    This is the wrong attitude: gene splicing and manipulation ideally need to be proven safe to be sold, not proven harmful when/if it causes problems.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    This is disgusting. It is amazing how much sway marketing tactics have over people.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    This is disgusting. It is amazing how much sway marketing tactics have over people.

True...

I'm not terribly afraid of a couple of ears of locally grown old fashioned sweet corn when it's in season.
    You're in O'town so you probably know that it's not hard to find good local smaller farm old fashioned stuff like "silver queen" and such when the time is right.
    Organic and Non-GMO.

Not something to eat all the time for sure.
    But a nice nostalgic treat for once or maybe twice in a nice and short 'prime' season.

I can't believe anyone, besides Monsanto, would argue that GMO's are harmless...
    I'm not a fan of Walmart either.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    Found this link on the celiac forum: Russia suspends import and use of American GM corn after study revealed cancer risk | Mail Online

Monsanto IS truly the devil's bitch!
    Last edited by RenegadeRN; 09-26-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Typo
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CleoCat View Post
    Are you sure? My personal observation is that WM (the groceries that is) is not as cheap as they want people to believe. Personally I shop at Kroger a lot which I find cheaper and the quality is way better. I've also heard that Walmart does funny things with their meats. Like adding some chemicals to preserve it longer or whatever.
    I have heard good things about Kroger and I think I have one near me. I'm new to the area so I'm gonna look it up...thanks!
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast