Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: From the UK :) page

  1. #1
    Greenbeast's Avatar
    Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    539

    From the UK :)

    Shop Now
    Hello all, I'm from Kent in the UK.

    I'm a week in to full primal, i started after i'd read a little way into the book. Book now finished and i've moved on to Wheat Belly.
    I'm not a 'dip you toes' guy so i've jumped head first. Dumped all processed sugar and all grains straight away.
    Feeling great! Lost 6lb already (i was not bad already, 174lb @ 5'9")

    Just got my first decent sleep in ages, went to bed a little earlier than usual after a reading wind-down and woke naturally before my alarm this morning

    Spent the weekend with my parents (my mum has trouble with cholesterol and generally wants to lose weight but usually can't motivate herself to exercise much), managed to convert them with the science already! Mum's reading PB now and they've been doing good with food and mum's even been taking brisk lunchtime walks.

    I currently share a place with my ex-wife (UGH!) and i offered her Wheat Belly this morning (as she got cereal and bread out to take to work) and she said: 'no thanks!' (with a snort of derision)
    Oh well you just can't help some people! I'll offer again when my six pack is showing hehe

    I love reading the success stories on here, gets me excited about what is to come!
    So thanks all for those

  2. #2
    Nigel's Avatar
    Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    533
    Welcome. One of our number has set up a UK oriented Facebook page at Primal Blueprint meetups UK | Facebook

    I've lost 45lbs since early March even though I use a "Primal Lite" diet and I eat peas & beans and nightshade fruits. I am though, completely off wheat and only rarely have white rice or rice noodles. When I said completely off wheat, that's a bit of a lie as I do have the occasional single malt....
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

  3. #3
    Greenbeast's Avatar
    Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    539
    Yes i joined up a few days ago, but felt i should probably say hello here

    I think i may continue to eat peas/beans but they haven't come up yet!

    I have a dilemma for my friday afternoon pub visit, used to have a bottle of lager and a bottle of coke, i've switched to a single pint of ale as it'll contain less sugar than the coke/lager combo. I hope that's the right decision, i would choose wine (my home drink of choice) but it's pricey and goes down too quickly!

  4. #4
    Nigel's Avatar
    Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    I have a dilemma for my friday afternoon pub visit, used to have a bottle of lager and a bottle of coke, i've switched to a single pint of ale as it'll contain less sugar than the coke/lager combo. I hope that's the right decision, i would choose wine (my home drink of choice) but it's pricey and goes down too quickly!
    The right decision is the one you're happy with, IMHO. I had a great pint in the Peak District when assessing a Silver D of E team for the school I used to work at. Result, as one of the teachers paid for it! It was hot and a pint of wine just wouldn't have quenched the thirst as well......
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

  5. #5
    Greenbeast's Avatar
    Greenbeast is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    539
    ha ha, yes quite. fair enough, the ale was tasty, i think i'll stick with that. They typically have a richer flavour than bottled lagers anyway

  6. #6
    lauralou42's Avatar
    lauralou42 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10
    Hi there!! White wine and soda water (with ice and lemon) is very refreshing and makes the drink go alot further. All beers and ales are liquid bread and it's probably best not to have them at all?

  7. #7
    Umanvi's Avatar
    Umanvi is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
    Yes i joined up a few days ago, but felt i should probably say hello here

    I think i may continue to eat peas/beans but they haven't come up yet!

    I have a dilemma for my friday afternoon pub visit, used to have a bottle of lager and a bottle of coke, i've switched to a single pint of ale as it'll contain less sugar than the coke/lager combo. I hope that's the right decision, i would choose wine (my home drink of choice) but it's pricey and goes down too quickly!
    Hello guys...how are you???you may more enjoy at that day...you forgot me at the time of eating...hahaha,no problem dude..its a right decision to go at home and drink it with lot of enjoy.
    balance scale
    Last edited by Umanvi; 09-29-2012 at 06:45 AM.

  8. #8
    Nigel's Avatar
    Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spalding, Lincolnshire
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by lauralou42 View Post
    All beers and ales are liquid bread and it's probably best not to have them at all?
    Absolutely, but, I feel I can be naughty every once in a while. It was the one and only I've had since March and I saw Mark has had pizza or something on special occasions. I even had some of my mother's 90th birthday cake a couple of weeks ago.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •