Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Living = Getting Hit On More? page 8

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    we are the same -- same ages and everything!
    I am also far healthier and more fit than I was at 25, and it's a nice feeling to know that with primal living we can keep enjoying that health for years to come, as you said upthread.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    What's really weird is that most men totally ignore me, but there are a few men who don't. There's something about me that is really attractive to some men. I find it kind of odd, too, because I don't consider myself attractive in a traditional or feminine way. I think there are some men who are really attracted to tomboys. Those men found me attractive 30lbs heavier, they find me attractive now. And the strangest thing about it is, I don't think they could articulate what it is that they like about me. I don't think they even really notice that they like me. It always seems really subconscious or something. I mean, if some big boobs in a bikini walked in the room, they'd be drooling like any man, but while other men don't even notice me, these tomboy-loving ones do, but I get the sense they don't realize that they do and I don't think they'd even call me a tomboy.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I am getting hit on more. Also letting my hair grow longer and going blonde has to be a factor. I've looked significantly young for my age since late teens, but going primal has knocked a few more years off. I was asked for ID to prove I'm over 25 earlier this year, aged 41.

Unfortunately, I find looking a lot younger an obstacle in finding a partner through a chance encounter, as I generally prefer men a few years older And unless they were primal too and/or looked younger they probably wouldn't feel too comfortable about risking being mistaken for my father.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    I guess I'll answer my own question lol. I haven't really noticed if I'm getting hit on more now than before going primal (I don't think I am) but in my experience women are less likely to hit on a man then vice versa. Ladies if you wanna chime in on this please do. I am happily married so I would never take up any offers but I'm sure I am not alone when I say it's always nice when someone from the opposite sex notices your hard work and commitment. I did have a funny situation last summer. I was working an adult event in a local park (for those who don't know I am a cop) and this woman got my attention. She said she was hitting on me for her "friend". She said I drive by her house a lot and she noticed me and recommended me to her single "friend". She said she was married but thought I was cute and would be good for her girlfriend. Yeah right. Of course being the good hubby I broke the news to her that I had a wifey at home and thanked her for the compliment. I am sure she was hitting on me for her.

I have lost 40 plus pounds over the past 2 years through CW and Primal. I know I have more confidence now that the weight is off. In fact I'll admit I've got just a tad bit more "cocky" not over the top but self assured. You can say I've found my alpha male which I believe a lot of women find attractive in men.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    It's innate! We're wired to be attracted to healthy mates. Men might not know why, but they can't look away from little ol' modest, no-makeup me

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Nobody says a word. It's like I'm invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Well this old gwamma, hasn't noticed nuffink !!!!! Except the old Gwandad sniffing around !!!!
    Althou many years ago I was refered to as a MILF !!!!! I wonder if I will ever become a GILF ????
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Nope, nobody ever notices me or hits on me, primal, paleo, whole foods, CW, whatever.
    You ladies wanna hookup and have a 4 way? I think you are hot as hell! There, now you can't say you never been hit on!

Quote Originally Posted by IcarianVX View Post
    Yeah, me too. I guess we are part of that "group"
    You're on your own, dude!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i think too we need to define "hitting on". does that mean actual verbal proposition or just more attention from the opposite sex?IME alot of men will know if they can or cant get you. think chubby chasers for example. so if they know they cant get you as you are out of their league, they will be attentitive but they wont actually say "hey babe, how about it". so i will say, as i have aged and primal living has helped, i get more attention, more men looking after me but the class of man who actual propositions me outright is far better if that makes sense. we also have to bear in mind alot of the men i know are married and i dont consider being propsitioned by a married man a good thing.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    well I should mention I'm open for grabs lol
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Yes, I am getting hit on more. Also letting my hair grow longer and going blonde has to be a factor. I've looked significantly young for my age since late teens, but going primal has knocked a few more years off. I was asked for ID to prove I'm over 25 earlier this year, aged 41.

Unfortunately, I find looking a lot younger an obstacle in finding a partner through a chance encounter, as I generally prefer men a few years older And unless they were primal too and/or looked younger they probably wouldn't feel too comfortable about risking being mistaken for my father.
    I also find... that if a guy of a similar age DOES show interest in you, BUT assumes you're 15 years or so younger than you are, he's generally a creepy guy after a younger woman anyway . (I'm talking the sort of older guys who hang out in clubs etc. where most of the people are significantly younger).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You ladies wanna hookup and have a 4 way? I think you are hot as hell! There, now you can't say you never been hit on!
    Aww, sweet But we are talking a clean scientific data here, with no previous knowledge. Like a spontaneous expression of interest. Oh, well, good thing I am married, and there is no practical need to attract males.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast