Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Living = Getting Hit On More? page 4

the-wren is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Going primal made me realize that I am actually very intolerant to gluten! I have always been pretty small, but I dropped about 20 lbs after going primal. That means I went from being 120 lbs at 5'1 to being about 98-101 lbs. When I look at older pictures I can actually see how bloated my face looked.

TL;DR

Yes, I get hit on a lot more often now that I actually care about my body.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Lots, often by guys who are 10 years younger (I'm in my mid 30s, so we're talking guys in their early to mid 20s sometimes!). However, I already have an amazing primal man at home, so I am flattered but definitely not looking for a mate. I've been told quite often recently that I look like I'm around 25, so that plays a role I'm sure.

He gets a lot of attention too, and nobody believes he's 40. People really want to know our secret!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    absolutely.
    older guys, younger guys, girls - I agree with posters above - a lot of it is confidence and how I carry myself - that and the 20# lost, and toned muscles doesn't hurt

forward,
    pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Lots, often by guys who are 10 years younger (I'm in my mid 30s, so we're talking guys in their early to mid 20s sometimes!). However, I already have an amazing primal man at home, so I am flattered but definitely not looking for a mate. I've been told quite often recently that I look like I'm around 25, so that plays a role I'm sure.

He gets a lot of attention too, and nobody believes he's 40. People really want to know our secret!
    Also in 30's and get mistaken for 22-23ish... sadly I'm not interested in 23 year old guys though.

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    I like younger men too ... although... maybe I just like fit/healthy men, and most men my age AREN'T and therefore I find the younger ones more attractive?!

Or... maybe I just like younger men .
    +1
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Also in 30's and get mistaken for 22-23ish... sadly I'm not interested in 23 year old guys though.
    Lol, yeah. Thus the 40-year-old partner. I like grownups, and while some people get there in their early 20s, it's not all that common.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Lol, yeah. Thus the 40-year-old partner. I like grownups, and while some people get there in their early 20s, it's not all that common.
    Good for you! I would definitely prefer 40 to 20! 20 I mean 20 year olds are fun to look at, but minus a select few I doubt we'd have any of the same interests.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I've always gotten appreciative glances, as an adult. People ARE commenting on it more,though. Wolf whistles, cat calls (equally met with a dirty look and the finger,) date invitations (met with "only if my husband can come with us,")and the like.
    What's even funnier are the people who ask me out based on my apparent age. I've been hit on by so many high school/ college kids it's not even funny.
    "Hey, baby, wanna go out some time?"
    "I'm too old for you and I think my husband would have issue with us dating."
    "What's a [16-21] year old doing with a husband?"
    *I flash my wedding band* "I'm 27, and I have my engineering degree. The answer is still 'no.'"
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    My husband just laughs at me when I tell him (incredulously) how often I get hit on now. He says, "Honey, you have always been beautiful, but now that you know it, you are dangerous."

Sometimes I actually act vain and he laments that he has created a monster. I respond, "No Darling, Primal has created this fabulous beast."
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Nobody says a word. It's like I'm invisible.
    Yeah, me too. I guess we are part of that "group"

Although, I haven't had someone tell me they are afraid of me (because apparently I look[ed] intimidating) in a long time. I guess that's progress.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast