Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Living = Getting Hit On More? page 2

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yes, but I really believe that it is because I feel so much more confident. I guess I always got hit on to a certain extent, but mostly by "chubby chasers"... the quality of guy has definitely gone up though

I will add that there are still none worth dating yet, but that may be a result of where I live and not how I look... or I hope at least!
    Last edited by Jena; 09-25-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    Yes, but I really believe that it is because I feel so much more confident. I guess I always got hit on to a certain extent, but mostly by "chubby chasers"... the quality of guy has definitely gone up though

I will add that there are still none worth dating yet, but that may be a result of where I live and not how I look... or I hope at least!
    Jenna funny you should mention this cuz that is exactly where I was going with this question. Sure let's face it when you get yourself in shape i.e. loose fat, tone muscles, have clearer skin, etc. people are gonna notice and the opposite sex will definitely take notice. But IMO you start to carry yourself different. I believe some folks gain more confidence which put out attractive vibes. To me another "benefit" of taking control of your healthy via Primal.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    But IMO you start to carry yourself different. I believe some folks gain more confidence which put out attractive vibes. To me another "benefit" of taking control of your healthy via Primal.

Word to that^
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    another benefit is you age better so that also causes you to get hit on more. less competition lol

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone believe they get "hit on" more since reclaiming their health, looking and feeling better as a result of going primal?
    No. I'm married, in my 40s with 3 teenagers, so I don't think I send out that vibe any more.

Anyway, I don't look that different. It's only been 3 months.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    Jenna funny you should mention this cuz that is exactly where I was going with this question. Sure let's face it when you get yourself in shape i.e. loose fat, tone muscles, have clearer skin, etc. people are gonna notice and the opposite sex will definitely take notice. But IMO you start to carry yourself different. I believe some folks gain more confidence which put out attractive vibes. To me another "benefit" of taking control of your healthy via Primal.
    Yeah. I probably don't look too much different, but just the fact that I have taken back control of my life gives me tons of confidence. The ironic thing is that I am not really even interested in dating lately but to improve my dating life is one of the reasons I started this journey. Seems pretty far from important at the moment...

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    another benefit is you age better so that also causes you to get hit on more. less competition lol
    I keep getting hit on by guys young enough to be my kids.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 09-25-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I keep getting hit on buy guys young enough to be my kids.
    Dayum! Good for you...

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I keep getting hit on buy guys young enough to be my kids.
    i reckon the cougar thing has made that happen. it is very wierd when they are younger than my oldest. or conversly old enuf to be your dad is not so nice either! there is a gap in the mid 30s who leave me alone but my theory is they are off being happily partnered and breeding at that time.

Yeah. I probably don't look too much different, but just the fact that I have taken back control of my life gives me tons of confidence. The ironic thing is that I am not really even interested in dating lately but to improve my dating life is one of the reasons I started this journey. Seems pretty far from important at the moment...
    being aware of your own lifestyle as well makes you far less likely to hook up with someone who isnt. the results when they are older both mentally and physically are not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i reckon the cougar thing has made that happen. it is very wierd when they are younger than my oldest. or conversly old enuf to be your dad is not so nice either! there is a gap in the mid 30s who leave me alone but my theory is they are off being happily partnered and breeding at that time.

being aware of your own lifestyle as well makes you far less likely to hook up with someone who isnt. the results when they are older both mentally and physically are not pretty.
    ^agreed!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast