Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Living = Getting Hit On More? page 11

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Not really ... though I live in a small town with not very many people who are my "type," so it doesn't really bother me. The kind of guys who express any interest probably would have been interested in me before I was fully paleo -- I was never grossly overweight, though I have gotten a lot leaner/more muscle definition.
    As sbhikes said, the kind of guys who are into tomboys/female jocks/etc tend to be a little less concerned with body comp (to an extent).
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I work in an office, so I think people assume I'm a bit older than I actually am, but I'm the youngest person here (24 now, started here just before turning 23). I guess that's kind of young for being the sole Help Desk rep in my office. Out and about, people usually assume I'm in college and I get carded all the time. I don't get carded as much when my hair is pink or purple, but I have no idea why that might be.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    if they know they cant get you as you are out of their league, they will be attentitive but they wont actually say "hey babe, how about it".
    Ah, now I understand. I'm way out of everybody's league.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    OMG this old Gwamma was hit on last night whilst out and about....and really sadly.... I didn't notice it, but DH did.
    I think that's my issue. I decided I would try and see if anybody is sneaking a look at me. I think I've caught a few people taking a peek at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    I look at most of my partner's male friends and realize how rare a guy who is fit over 40 really is.
    That's for sure. Plus since I hang around with a lot of the fit ones, it's really rare to find a fit guy over 40 who doesn't have that tired, dried out, deflated, wan appearance that older guys get on statins and low fat diets.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyMac703 View Post
    Not really ... though I live in a small town with not very many people who are my "type," so it doesn't really bother me. The kind of guys who express any interest probably would have been interested in me before I was fully paleo -- I was never grossly overweight, though I have gotten a lot leaner/more muscle definition.
    As sbhikes said, the kind of guys who are into tomboys/female jocks/etc tend to be a little less concerned with body comp (to an extent).
    Well, AmyMac, if I lived in your town I'd probably be sneaking glances at you even though I'm female just because outdoorsy girls are so awesome and so rare.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    That's for sure. Plus since I hang around with a lot of the fit ones, it's really rare to find a fit guy over 40 who doesn't have that tired, dried out, deflated, wan appearance that older guys get on statins and low fat diets.
    it is a balance tho as i have come across the phenomenum of older guy, who still has all his hair, "looks after himself", prob would have been naturally slim etc. and they look metro to an almost unnatural degree. and they are also hell vain lol kinda annoying too as when i was even 10 yrs younger, i wouldnt have had to deal with them at all. they would have taken one look at the tatts and ran! i come across a lot too who suffer from the wine-is-fine-but-whisky's-quicker route to physical and mental decline and that isnt pretty either as they are deluded to boot.

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Nope, nobody ever notices me or hits on me, primal, paleo, whole foods, CW, whatever.
    Same here, I am so accustomed to not being on "that" radar screen after having spend so many years being so...large...that I probably wouldn't even notice it if someone did! Then again, there IS the "little" tat that peeks out of my shirt depending on how the back collar is designed, and I am amazed at the number of people I know my age who are convinced that I am just far too active for a 52 year old woman. This probably explains my great invisibility power...
    Last edited by Catrin; 10-02-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    ... they would have taken one look at the tatts and ran!.
    I like ink, how you doin?

I like ink, how you doin?
    lmao at least we could go out to dinner without any drama. or precious comments about exercise obsessions and my lack of sugar consumption.

lmao at least we could go out to dinner without any drama. or precious comments about exercise obsessions and my lack of sugar consumption.
    OMG, drama free, sugar free, primal and you got ink? I've been waiting for you

yes, yes, yes and yes lots lol altho my dietary habits and exercise were perceived as dramas by the last bf.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yes, yes, yes and yes lots lol altho my dietary habits and exercise were perceived as dramas by the last bf.
    Your dietary habits and exercise help keep drama out of your life. He has some growing up to do.

Lots of ink...I like that.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast