Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Living = Getting Hit On More? page 10

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Anyone on here look their age? Older?
    I look younger than my age. I am guessing this because when I mention my age no-one believes me. What? You're not 51! But I think it is just because people don't pay attention to the details. My hair is naturally ash blond and I think it helps me look younger, and no one notices the wrinkles under my chin.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rantingredneck View Post
    Probably doesn't help much that I'm not presently wearing a wedding band. It doesn't fit anymore LOL. Need to have it taken down a size or two.
    I haven't worn my band at work in years. For safety reason's its best I don't wear it. Wifey has gotten used to it though and understand.
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    Anyone on here look their age? Older?
    Well as stated earlier, no I don't but it actually has nothing to do with eating primal! I've always looked very young for my age, not helped by the fact that I'm just 4'11"! I do have graying hair, but I dye it so most people aren't any the wiser . I'm actually, sorta, hoping that if I keep eating well my gray hairs will go back to brown . Not really expecting it though!

I actually once had a funny exchange with someone on a forum, who claimed that most women who thought they looked younger were actually deluding themselves. So, to prove my case, I posted my picture in my avatar. In another, totally unrelated thread, some guy commented, "I thought you were much older!" in response to my picture. My response to him was something like, "I AM older, I just don't look it!" He then said that in my picture I looked about 17 (I was 37 at the time).

There are downsides to looking ridiculously young though. You should see some of the looks I get when people realise I have kids (10, 12 and 14). Without knowing my age they think I'm an insanely young mother, and you can almost see the thought processes ticking over in their minds, wondering exactly HOW YOUNG I was when I first gave birth!

There's something to be said for just looking GOOD for your age, and in great shape, rather than years younger! (Although I doubt I'll complain if when I'm 70 I get accused of looking 50 or so ).

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    Well as stated earlier, no I don't but it actually has nothing to do with eating primal! I've always looked very young for my age, not helped by the fact that I'm just 4'11"! I do have graying hair, but I dye it so most people aren't any the wiser . I'm actually, sorta, hoping that if I keep eating well my gray hairs will go back to brown . Not really expecting it though!

I actually once had a funny exchange with someone on a forum, who claimed that most women who thought they looked younger were actually deluding themselves. So, to prove my case, I posted my picture in my avatar. In another, totally unrelated thread, some guy commented, "I thought you were much older!" in response to my picture. My response to him was something like, "I AM older, I just don't look it!" He then said that in my picture I looked about 17 (I was 37 at the time).

There are downsides to looking ridiculously young though. You should see some of the looks I get when people realise I have kids (10, 12 and 14). Without knowing my age they think I'm an insanely young mother, and you can almost see the thought processes ticking over in their minds, wondering exactly HOW YOUNG I was when I first gave birth!

There's something to be said for just looking GOOD for your age, and in great shape, rather than years younger! (Although I doubt I'll complain if when I'm 70 I get accused of looking 50 or so ).

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    Definitely get more attention from women. I find it a bit shocking given I was invisible 9 months ago.

Strength, vitality and confidence are attractive; people respond to it. Although I've had 20-something's give me the "hi, how you doin?" bit, women closer to my age of 45 show the most interest. I don't come across many other guys my age that focus their exercise routine on strength. They're either skinny-fat cardio types or fat-fat SAD types. I'd say women my age are hungry for some meat .

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyjim View Post
    I'd say women my age are hungry for some meat .
    Lol! Love it!

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyjim View Post
    I'd say women my age are hungry for some meat .
    Pun intended right?
    All time high weight 262 lbs
    Primal since Spring 2012
    Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
    Current Weight: 220lbs ish
    Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
    All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Jerseyjim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokdaddy View Post
    Pun intended right?

Pun, what pun?

I'll leave interpretation up to the reader as befits their world view

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Not for this Grok. Invisible.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Paint-on liver spots?
    Ha ha! Funnily enough I do have smallish liver spots that have shrunk since I went primal.

I've been attempting to dress more grown-up. However, dressing studenty/boho is my natural style and inclination, and I detest power dressing.

Spent a few hours at an eye hospital yesterday, sticking out like a sore thumb as most other patients there were over 60.

But am very happy with the outcome that I won't need to take any pharmaceuticals and that I am discharged from the NHS regarding my high intraocular pressure for the time being.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast