Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retiree. I tried it for 35 days and I quit. Didn't work for me. page 3

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You realize this is a lifestyle, correct? You can't do it for 30 days, go off and expect to keep the weight off.

If I could make a suggestion, which I'm sure some people will disagree with, I would recommend combining primal and weight watchers. My mom has done that and is experiencing remarkable success. But you only mentioned grains. I would suggest going full on primal and cutting out grains, legumes, dairy and maybe even nuts. Spend your points on fish and meat. Fish is especially good for losing weight, we eat it at least 3 times a week. Good luck!

karatepig is offline Member
    Bennettc:
    It aint that simple man. Nothing is black and white, it's all shades of grey. When the body is functioning properly, you will unconsciously adjust meal frequency and volume. Your body will even up-regulate your metabolism to burn off excess energy. However, when you are addicted to carbs and sugar, satiety hormones become overrun. I suggest you research leptin resistance. Repeated overeating will lead to fat accumulation, but overeating isn't actually that easy when you are eating primally. Food simply loses its' appeal after a certain point.
    I am not just pulling this out of my ass to make excuses for myself. I never was fat. I just recognize that this is a multi-faceted issue, and poorly represented by the formula of calories in=calories out.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    I understand that's what he meant that you wont be ravenously hungry all the time because of feeling satiated. but for an obese person they eat a ton in one sitting
    But the grains are what make an obese person eat a ton in one sitting. Or make them eat every two hours when they feel a painful hunger. I remember those hunger pains, they were literally PAIN! I never feel that way now. If I care to I can just drink lots of water and ignore the hunger until it goes away.

I do somewhat agree with you that calories matter when you get closer to your goal, or hit a plateau. But most of the time they don't with this lifestyle.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    calories control everything. Mark is wrong when he says to eat all you want.
    Since going primal, I eat until I'm full every day, pay no attention to calories, and drop fat faster than when I ate following CW guidelines.
    On days when I take a break from working out, I still eat until I'm full. The difference is that I don't have as much of an appetite during off days, so I don't want as much, but I never count calories.
    I guess everybody reacts differently.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Ok, kiddo...

Listen.
    You are misinformed.
    Not all obese people "eat a ton in one sitting", some are grazers who eat very small amounts frequently.
    Others have slower metabolisms, and in fact eat much less than very active young men like yourself who participate in sports and such.

People are different... and you can't always judge a book by it's cover.
    Not all obese people are 400lbs and shoveling large pizzas into their faces washed down by 2liters of soda.
    There is a wide spectrum of weight, including normal, overweight, and obese... and a wide range of eating habits that fall withing those areas...
    Stop painting all people with a single color in one brushstroke.

Oversimplification doesn't simplify anything...
    true, my mother I obese and her problem is she junks all day. she doesn't eat bigger composed meals. I was just thinking about how when I was obese I would junk all day and eat large meals
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    ..... and the original poster has not returned so.....
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    To ignore the emotional aspect of eating doesn't address the whole problem of obesity and the illness that often accompanies it. And not just "emotional eating." For some women, the unwanted attention one gets when one goes from "fat and invisible" to "oh, look at the babe," can be one issue. To ignore the differences in metabolism between a person 10% overweight and one who is 100% overweight doesn't address the whole problem either.

Mark, of course, can't address everything. The blueprint is a sustainable, wholesome way of life.

As to the original poster, I knew a/many bitch slap(s) was/were coming as soon as I read that this morning. Fixing yourself so you love yourself more than you love Twinkies is more than can be covered in a book or blog.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    true, my mother I obese and her problem is she junks all day. she doesn't eat bigger composed meals. I was just thinking about how when I was obese I would junk all day and eat large meals
    So what you're saying is too much food made you fat, and eating less food was what caused you to lose weight.

See how it isn't necessarily true that both, or either, of those statements can be applied to every single fat person?
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I'm going outside to play now.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    There are also obese women who have basic cyclically starved themselves and cardioed themselves to a destroyed metabolism. Oh it's a lovely cycle of starve/sort of binge on sugar/starve/ real sugar binge/ workout at least an hour a day.

Fixing yourself so you love yourself more than you love Twinkies is more than can be covered in a book or blog.
    You don't even need to love yourself to turn down a twinkie- just stay primal for about 3-4 months.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast