Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there any way for this to work for me? page 2

obsessed is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jena View Post
    My loss really picked up in month 3! I am stalled again right now, but it will come back. I would like to keep up with your progress as I have only been doing this for a couple months longer than you and also have a great deal to lose! Good luck!!!

Awesome. I intend on hanging in there but I see that it can be disheartening when everybody else is losing weight. I think I must be still over consuming cause I track with MFP and I generally eat 1800 Cals a day..some days less and some more... so I think I need to work on some restriction. and wean off the nuts and dairy.

chiznit is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for your ideas. I have wondered on occasion if the protein/fat balance could really make that much of a difference, but perhaps it does. I thought the WW would help with the calorie balance, and I don't think not eating enough is the issue. I am usually plenty full eating primal.

Here's an example of a normalish day.

Coffee with 1/4 cup heavy cream
    2 oz sausage
    2 eggs cooked in butter

About 3 oz ground beef with salsa and a little shredded cheese

3 oz chicken baked brushed with olive oil
    some type of vegetable, this day I'm referring to I had acorn squash with goat cheese inside
    Berries with heavy cream

I really prefer butter and cream as fat sources. I've thought this could be a problem, but to be honest, if it is, and the alternative is coconut oil all over the place, I will find that way less satisfying. My brother does a very Eating Academy/Peter Attia type primal, and he's been my guide in this, and that was more attractive to me.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Argh! being new to this, I've been trying to respond to individual comments below them, but it's not working that way. Anyway, thank you all for your input. I was thinking about the baby hormones as well, but I had to stop breastfeeding in early August and thought perhaps things would have evened out by now. But then again, it is a pretty major thing for a body to do. I'm going to look into a fat/protein balance definitely, thanks for that input. As for the salt issue, back when I was mostly in ketosis I was being counseled that I might not have enough salt in my diet, so who knows!

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    You just had a baby. Honestly I think you shouldn't be actively trying to lose weight right now anyway. I you lose some naturally, fine, but give yourself a little time to normalize--you just grew a whole new person! Give yourself a break, bond with your child, and eat the most nutritious foods you can so your little one gets the best milk you can make.

Also, it looks like you are going quite low-carb and I really doubt that's totally optimal for breast feeding and your metabolism right now. At least make sure you're paying close attention to your energy levels and hunger signals, and be open to considering adding some good starchy carbs into your meals if you feel you're not doing so well without them. Primal eating is not all about carbs.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Good point. It's hard though, with autumn upon me and no pants that fit. I'm not breastfeeding anymore, so the low carb affect doesn't offset anything there. I didn't really make any weight loss efforts until he weaned in early August- i had major issues, it was not successful beyond 8 weeks for me, sadly. anyway, that's the thing, my energy levels have been great, I'm listening to hunger signals, it's just the weight . . . stays on. But between the stress and the post-partumness, I suppose it might just be a matter of time.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    So my question is, is there something I can do to jolt my body into action, or is it a lost cause and I will simply maintain until we can restart our lives in the new year? Any ideas are welcome. I was thinking about IF, but I'm also in a quandary about making anything seem even more stressful to my body at this point. Thanks in advance.
    Try a Whole 30. It's pretty easy if you come to it from Primal but FORCES you to actually eliminate dairy, sugar, grains (the foods that can cause bloat etc. even in small amounts). I had stalled with primal for a good 3 months, and 20 days into Whole30 am down 6 or 7 lbs (yeah, I weighed myself). That's a big loss for me. Narrowing it down to dairy being the issue,

It's not at all stressful on the body like IF might be, just limits you to whole foods (they have a list). For reference a typical day for me is :
    2 eggs, avocado, salsa and fruit for breakfast, coffee with coconut milk
    lunch is a couple of hardboiled eggs and some preservative free lunch meat (applegate)
    I snack a bit more- nuts and fruit (maybe a daily small handful of nuts and a piece or two of fruit)
    dinner is usually 2 veggies and a steak or something similar. Usually one green veggie then a treat like a sweet potato or mashed cauliflower. More fruit for dessert.

Great way to suss out anything that might be simply not compatible with your system. I know one woman on here tried it and found that she can have the dairy and not the fruit...etc. etc.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And yeah, you eat dairy similar to what I did. It is kind of hard, but I use aioli and a few other things....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12