Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: One meal a day! page 4

kitoi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Katherine View Post
    What about drinking? I'm sure yall are drink water during the day. But what about coffee or tea?
    Water only, no coffee or tea. Don't like the taste.

Loukia Maria is offline Junior Member
    Ι have been one month in Primal. I try to find my own eating-pattern and I am pretty sure it will take some time. We have heard that eating below 1000kcals or eating infrequently during the day can lead to weight gain. I would like to know your observations on eating once and twice per day and staying lean! Is it true? Thank you
    Last edited by Loukia Maria; 09-27-2012 at 09:41 AM.
    The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanely sensitive. To them…a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death.” Pearl Buck

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smilingjustalittlebit View Post
    Linfield Road industrial estate.
    Been reading your forged from fat on facebook. GREAT stuff!!!!!

Cossycarrick is offline Member
    I eat about 1000cals in a meal just once a day but would drink decaf tea with milk throughout the day.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cossycarrick View Post
    I eat about 1000cals in a meal just once a day but would drink decaf tea with milk throughout the day.
    Only 1,000 calories in a day. That sounds like you are under consuming by quite a bit. That's not healthy to do long term. You should be aiming for atLEAST your resting metabolic rate minus 100 or 200 calls MAX. For most of us here, that's about 1,500 - 1,700 MINIMUM daily calories and they will still lose weight nicely.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I used to only eat 2000-3000 calories once a day post-workout at 9pm or 3000 calories for a regular dinner at 7pm.

I am experimenting with fasting less, as a female, so I am currently either drinking coffee with cream or eating up to 1000 calories in fat and protein for lunch.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Only 1,000 calories in a day. That sounds like you are under consuming by quite a bit. That's not healthy to do long term. You should be aiming for atLEAST your resting metabolic rate minus 100 or 200 calls MAX. For most of us here, that's about 1,500 - 1,700 MINIMUM daily calories and they will still lose weight nicely.
    I know this has been discussed before, and my take away from it, was if I am not hungry, don't worry about it. And so I don't. Not sure if that is correct or not, that is just what is in my mind. But if I do a 24, my calories are 800 - 1000. My Fast 5s are more like 1200 - 1300. And I have to say, I have had a slooooooow summer. I have been trying to watch it lately, and get more like 1400 - 1600 and I even had some 1800 thrown in there. But if I fast at all, I dont make it.

The guy that did the year long fast comes to mind.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Ι have been one month in Primal. I try to find my own eating-pattern and I am pretty sure it will take some time. We have heard that eating below 1000kcals or eating infrequently during the day can lead to weight gain. I would like to know your observations on eating once and twice per day and staying lean! Is it true? Thank you
    I usually get at least 2000 calories in my "meal" or "eating window". I've often broken 3000 in the course of two or three hours. I cook the meat, then the veggies (mushrooms, onions, broccoli, squash, etc.) in the oil, then maybe some eggs, and have an avocado or two, an apple if I'm not low-carbing, and sometimes also nuts or berries, drink some bone broth - it adds up pretty quickly. And yes, I feel nice and full. An enjoyable sensation.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Omni is offline Senior Member
    I am shifting gradually to smaller eating window of 3-4 hours, one main meal in there and some odds & sods before and after.

gmatt is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Loukia Maria View Post
    We have heard that eating below 1000kcals or eating infrequently during the day can lead to weight gain.
    How could eating below 1000 make one gain weight? (unless you eat 5000 the next day). Also, why do you think eating infrequently would lead to weight gain?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast