Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

View Poll Results: Would you like more yolk in your eggS?!

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 83.33%
  • No

5 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I would pay for more yolk in my eggs!

Hybrid View

Wink I would pay for more yolk in my eggs!

Hey, we all love eggs, and I'm not suggesting that we change them in any way, or mistreat chickens!

But I'm doing some market research with the aim to develop a new egg related product.

If you agree with the statement please join this face book group and/or just post reply saying I agree! That's all!

Thanks so much!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112888822060707

Because dipping in egg yolk is incredible, and it always runs out. If you prefer the whites this group is not for you!

Some of the farmers around here sell double-yolkers at the farm gate because the marketting board has no grade to sell them.

Since I have to balance primal-ness with price ... I love it when I can find some!

How about duck eggs... they are often bigger...

*raises hand* I would LOVE eggs with more yolk. Best part, hands down.

Yeah, Duck eggs are like twice as big as chicken eggs and just as tasty!
    Carpe Diem!

Yep. Duck eggs have a higher yolk percentage than do chicken eggs. The bad news is that duck eggs are fairly pricey ($4.50/dozen around these parts). My solution? I've just purchased a bunch of ducklings to raise for eggs and meat! Aren't they cute?

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Yep. Duck eggs have a higher yolk percentage than do chicken eggs. The bad news is that duck eggs are fairly pricey ($4.50/dozen around these parts). My solution? I've just purchased a bunch of ducklings to raise for eggs and meat! Aren't they cute?

If you seriously bought ducks, be ready to clean TONS of poop. My grandma kept ducks and hens and ducks are by far filthier.. nature is nature, sure, but cleaning duck poop wasn't my favorite thing to do at 8 years old. Tons of maggots too. I never ate the duckies either I have no idea what my grandma did with them.

I give the whites to my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    If you seriously bought ducks, be ready to clean TONS of poop. My grandma kept ducks and hens and ducks are by far filthier.. nature is nature, sure, but cleaning duck poop wasn't my favorite thing to do at 8 years old. Tons of maggots too. I never ate the duckies either I have no idea what my grandma did with them.
    LOL I have 9 horses. You wanna talk about tons of poop?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    LOL I have 9 horses. You wanna talk about tons of poop?
    Eesh, nevermind then you're used to it. I've only ridden a horse thrice in life and the second time my horse just wanted to far through the entirety of my lesson, I couldn't get the posting thing down because I was laughing so hard. The last time I went on 25 mile trail ride and my horse took off on me following another horse that a more experienced rider had made gallop (run? the horse was moving fast is what I mean) I think that's the only time I've ever looked like a bobble head, I had no control whatsoever and I'm just happy I didn't fall off. My girlfriend laughed her head off (she knows how to ride) but the trail ride was a surprise gift from me for her birthday. Women.